Which artist(s) are you most excited about seeing???

You have got that right… House Band is the King of fest :medal :medal :medal

Tristan is great, and they added Brittany Haas on fiddle. I saw her with Darol Anger a LONG time ago doing Fiddles of Fire, and she has gotten even better. Rushad was/is a sweetie and a really nice guy, very easy to talk with and get to know, and I miss his onstage presence too, but Tristan does a wonderful job. He just doesn’t wear the crazy outfits. He too is a very nice (and cute) guy, so say hi and get a good look! Well maybe that comment wasn’t exactly for you Mitch. All of them in the band are very nice folks, very friendly, on top of being great musicians and singers.

And really, what more can ya ask for?

I’m stoked about seeing Crooked Still again! Also have Nightgrass tix for them :). I saw them perform in Manitou Springs last fall, with the new cello player. The music is just as phenomenal. Granted, he’s not as ‘energetic’ as the previous, but, is a good fit.

I also look forward to seeing David Byrne perform, after seeing him guest on the Colbert Report 2 months ago.

/r

Kevin

Really? I would have to disagree with the not missing anything part. I respect and am looking forward to seeing every one of those bands/artists!

Telluride House Band | Emmylou Harris | Tim O’Brien | Todd Snider | The Steeldrivers | Works Progress Administration | Mike Farris & The Roseland Rhythm Revue

Thats what I’m saying FreebornMan (or at lest tried to). I’m not going to miss any moment Sunday, its going to be amazing. It is the only day I can see everything playing b/c I’ll be in the box office for parts of every other day. Are you going to the Punch Brothers as well?

“I also look forward to seeing David Byrne perform, after seeing him guest on the Colbert Report 2 months ago.”

I saw that interview as well and its striking to me how shy he is in person and once he’s performs you see how insightful and expressive he truly is.

Colbert is hilarious btw

:cheers

Sara and Sean Watkins both sat in with the Punch Brothers last night. So… That. More please.

Where?

P-Bingo night at The Living Room in NYC. It was pretty packed, Sara actually squeezed past me once or twice earlier in the night before I realized who it was. I do remember thinking “she’s pretty cute, looks almost like Sara… wait, she’s holding a fiddle now? Is that? [[Turns around and sees Sean]] Yup it is”

All around it was a great show, they did some John Hartford, Pickles did a beautifully awful job singing along to “Reasons Why”. They covered some D’Angelo and debuted two songs… one of which was a phenomenally fun tune about Rye Whiskey.

Wheel Hoss: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q05E2d7YvXM&fmt=22

Looks like that was a good time. we are looking forward to seeing them do a bluegrass set and Sara and Sean would be great

Understood! You betcha I’ll be at the Punch Brothers. Those guys playing Radiohead is going to be a truly interesting show! Im looking forward to it but am a bit worried about my condition at that point of the festival haha

Greensky! Saw them two yrs ago at Telluride and three nights ago in our hometown, Chico. They covered Elmore James, Bob Marley, John Hartford, Bob Dylan and Jimi Hendrix (The Wind Cries Mary)…but mostly they played original stuff…alot from their new cd. They’ve continued to grow and the new dobro player adds greatly. Unfortunately the venue three nights ago was a dive bar downtown w/ funhouse sound…can’t wait to see them again in the San Juan Mts…(and High Sierra…and Northwest String Summit…and where ever else we can see them!)

Conor Oberst, really nice new album just reached us this side of the pond.

Starting to do some research on every artist now, so many fiddles… :oconnor :oconnor

I am so curious about how Cornmeal sounds. I am from Chgo. and I just have to wonder(they are from Chgo. as well) what kind of influences they have had… Very curious …looking forward :flower

I have to admit it though, house band RULES!!! :medal

There are so many, where do I start?! I swore I wasn’t going to drive from Fort Collins two years in a row for Telluride, until I saw the lineup and couldn’t miss it.

Here are the ones I absolutely won’t miss:

Zac Brown Band
The Steeldrivers
Rairoad Earth
Gaelic Storm
Crooked Still (Discovered them last summer when I saw Aoife O’Donovan (The one and only Punch Sister) play with Punch Brothers last summer when one missed the show at Mischawaka because he was stuck in Hawaii. Rough.)
WPA
Yonder
Punch Brothers

The list goes on and on!

RRE Sheridan Show is gonna be fantastic

Greensky Sheridan should be a riot (so much potential for sit in’s)

Cornmeal late night should be a ton of fun as well, they show in Fort Collins a few weeks back was unreal

Just got the new Byrne/Eno album a few days ago. It is really growing on me. So I will be happy to finally be able to see him.

:cheers

All of them…
but if i had to choose…
RRE
The Greencards (saw them live recently at Old Settlers-it was good!)
PUNCH BROTHERS
YMSB
Sam Bush

Mississippi Nights? Sorry to say they have been shut down Wilco.