Scalper Alert

More scalpers abound … here at TicketWarehouse … 231.00 !!

Ticketwarehouse

:wave Seems to me that a 40% markup might be a bit excessive. Especially for those of us who believe in ticket exchange for face value plus a minor handling fee… Obviously these guys have bought a large block of festival tickets at the pre show price on speculation. I wonder how they do it? This must be the price of our own success?

I have no idea for a solution and give huge kudos to the Planet for making an attempt to address this issue. I am more thn willing to continue ever vigilance…

:peace

Agreed, Hippie. There are several tickets sites out there offering TBF tix for 189-199, which, considering a handling fee, is acceptable. But … anything over 205.00, IMO, is strictly profiteering, and, counter to the the spirit of TBF. One thing I found interesting was the fact that stubhub.com has single day ticket ‘placeholders’ with the ability for other profiteers to sell single day tickets as the fest draws nearer. I wonder if many folks will be duped into purchasing single day tickets at inflated prices. I hope not.
/r

Kevin

Listening to: BonePony – Right Time to Love

Hey Kevin,

I saw Thompson from Bone Pony, who is now plaing in the band “Thompson Ward”, last Saturday night. Great Swamp Rock. If you get a chance to catch them please tell Ward that Auntie Hope in Nashville said Hello! :thumbsup

there are two options here:

1. this person has spent the past 4 months collecting regular old 4-day passes to try and sell at an attempted profit

OR

1. It’s the same guy that has/had the tickets on ebay under the ticketing company guise.

either way…they don’t have the “good stuff” and hopefully they will forget about the refund deadline. :mad

how about we start working on Colorado scalping laws? there are enough of us we can can start working on making scalping an illegal practice in the state of Colorado? this way those that try to scalp on ebay and craigs list can easily be shut down? we can keep harassing these guys and bitching about what they do, but it is perfectly legal in the state?? we can annoy them or we can prohibit them?

Great Idea, Rick. I don’t even know where to start on initiating something like that, but I’d definitely sign the petition!
/r

Kevin

I really don’t care about these as much as my posts may indicate (but I keep finding them when I troll Ebay), but this is kinda interesting…

On Ebay, “murjim” (from Loveland), the same clown that bought 2 TP tickets on Ebay in January for $695 for the pair and showed up eariler in this thread is now selling one TP ticket on Ebay for the “but it now” price of $520 here.

And, he seems to apologize for the price, while apparently lying about it.

I think I’ll email him a link of the earlier auction just for fun. :evil So I did :evil :evil

Here’s another… This one is asking 1000.00 for 2… I think he needs some email
Town Park passes on E-bay

Edited by Telluride Tom to create a hyperlink instead of a very long link.

OK… I offered him face value plus $50 bucks for shipping and handling. E-bay says I should get a reply in 1-2 business days. If there is no reply, I suggest we flood his screen name with negative comments.

This is ridiculous… Maybe I’m just feisty tonight :flower :flower :flower :flower

Right On Bro !!!
:thumbsup :thumbsup :thumbsup

:wave Feel free to send him a link to my 3rd (and final) “No Depression” Telluride contest blog entry if you feel like it.

Scalping Bluegrass

Ol’ murjim inspired me, so I decided to do something constructive :slight_smile:

Do follow the Trent Reznor link- interesting info there

Keep holdin’ the line :cheers

other Ron in Albuquerque

VERY nicely done! I was so impressed that I’m not even mad about the Mtn. village condo dweller stereotype comment! :lol :lol :lol

Good job and keep up the fight.

Signed,
Useless and Jo, the Mtn. Village condo dwellers.

Thanks- no offense intended toward condo dwellers, some of my fondest memories involve bodies stacked like cord wood :evil

Now, the vision from the Ghost of Festivals Future- there’s some stereotyping (that mean ol’ apparition), but that wasn’t directed toward town or MV dwellers.

Chalk it up to shower envy :lol

ORIA

Campers and condo dwellers unite!! That’s my goal … I love everybody :kiss :hug :vibes :peace
Except scalpers … :mad

We are campers in a condo world for this trip. After being on the forum for the first time we wished we had decided to go for TP. Oh well, there’s always next year(that was for you Landshark and Wilco)!
As it turns out, we may actually spend a couple of pre-fest nights in TP. That would be a blast.

OK… I offered him face value plus $50 bucks for shipping and handling. E-bay says I should get a reply in 1-2 business days. If there is no reply, I suggest we flood his screen name with negative comments.

Get a response yet?

:wave Nope , why am i not surprised…

I sent him this nice message…

Dear marks4runr,

Hey! Here’s a question for ya!
Why don’t you “GET BENT”!
You are absolutely CRAZY if you think you will get even close to that amount for those tickets…One word for you “SCALPER”
Save all you time/energy/money and work the New Kids On The Block and Britney Spears shows…Here’s hoping you get stuck with those and lose your original purchase price…WaaaWhooo!

• biggestfanof8
    Telluride Bluegrass Festival Town Park Camping Tickets
    Item Id: 110380586537
    End time: May-02-09 19:00:00 PDT
    Buyer:
    biggestfanof8

Luv ya Connie !
:cheers