Rumballs!!!

Yay for you!!! Have a great time! :woohoo

I need to come back to Maine… I had the most fun there. What is that section in Portland, with all the old cobblestone streets and bar after bar?

Cute guys! Wow! I started feeling like a piece of candy in that place… are they always like that in the wintertime around there?

The OLD PORT! what a BEAUTIFUL place! my fave place to pass the time . . . by the way, St. Louis Rocks! I’ve never heard of hard alcohol on tap, or bars open till 3:30 am . . . i know, sheltered life . . . .

oh, and yes, they are always that way, free drinks every time I go out there! what can I say . . Godesses always get the special treatment! come on up Rhonny! how fun would that be ay??? woah, my Maineness just came out . . .

better cover it up quick this is a PG rated forum :rollin :drive

funny funny . . . ayuh (pronounced “I’-uh”)

I thought that would tickle your, uh, Maineness? :wink:

After traveling back and forth to Portland for a couple of months, two phrases have become a part of my lexicon:

I know, riiight?!
Th’ bastids!

ayuh…

P.S. I just might end up around there towards mid-summer. We’ll hang out and see how much damage we can do at Old Port. After we knock a few back at Jay’s Oysters of course! I believe I will be working with L.L. Bean for a six to eight week stint. Hmm… there’s someone I might have to look up while I’m there… :wink:

I just ran across this little tidbit and thought my fellowvarians would appreciate it.

WASHINGTON (Reuters) -- A fruity cocktail may not only be fun to drink but may count as health food, U.S. and Thai researchers say.

Adding ethanol – the type of alcohol found in rum, vodka, tequila and other spirits – boosted the antioxidant nutrients in strawberries and blackberries, the researchers found.

Any colored fruit might be made even more healthful with the addition of a splash of alcohol, they report in the Journal of the Science of Food and Agriculture.

Dr. Korakot Chanjirakul and colleagues at Kasetsart University in Thailand and scientists at the U.S. Department of Agriculture stumbled upon their finding unexpectedly.

They were exploring ways to help keep strawberries fresh during storage. Treating the berries with alcohol increased in antioxidant capacity and free radical scavenging activity, they found.

Any colored fruit or vegetable is rich in antioxidants, which are chemicals that can cancel out the cell-damaging effects of compounds called free radicals.

Berries, for instance, contain compounds known as polyphenols and anthocyanins. People who eat more of these fruits and vegetables have a documented lower risk of cancer, heart disease and some neurological diseases.

The study did not address whether adding a little cocktail umbrella enhanced the effects.

Ok Maineahhh, this means that you need to bring those blueberries for the health of your fellow festivarians. For the simple cost of just two pints, and a quart of blueberries, a poor bluegrass listener can drink healthier and live longer…won’t you help? :drunk

Bring on the berries! I knew something that fun has to be good for you.

That sounds Berry good to me!! :cheers :cheers

:lol

I had just seen that and was going to post it, but was once again beaten to to the punch.

Pun intended, Mark?! :rollin

xoxo
http://www.telluridetom.com/images/monkey.gif

:lol :lol absolutely intended, I am a sucker for a good pun :thumbsup

I was wondering if I could bring my new friend to Rum Balls! ?

Hey isn’t that the guy that had two 16oz cups last year??? :lol :cheers

I resemble that remark. :lol

Na!!! he has more hair than you Mr. Mayor! :evil

At least now we have some proof. Thanks for clearing that up Karlos. Has the guy that had the two huge cups been seen ever since?

This seems like way too much fun!!! Can’t wait to partake and give back the kindness. :cheers