Meeting up at TBG 2011

Have Ranger will travel…When and where for the Heartland prefest fest…can’t wait
BTW. Trampled by Turtles will be in Aberdeen SD Feb 26th W/ the funken Grassholes… :cheers

DM is no big deal for us to get to. I could possibly pair that with a biz trip. Hmmmmmm
Never seen Cornmeal, not that familiar with them. So many bands…so little time!
Fiddlesticks are you listening? That cant be a far drive for those of you from the land of Radar O’Reilly!

Driving out from Bloomington, Indiana. Our ninth consectutive TBF. Stay Tuesday to Tuesday in Telluride. The Travelin’ McCourys and Cornmeal playing in Bloomington next Saturday.

I LOVE IT! and I will go ahead and speak on the behalf of fiddlesticks and say the Ottumwa crowd is IN. Something to look forward to! :cheers

Hey guys - if this 100 day DM Cornmeal meet up becomes a reality, I might be able to swing it too - maybe bring a couple potential TRide mates from Minny or maybe a few from DM. Scott -keep me posted if you can do - maybe we can carpool or caravan depending on…
Diana :fish

You folks are KILLING me!!! I can’t make it from Cleveland to any of the shows that you’re talking about. Damn Ohio is too far east, barely midwest at all in fact. Oh well, there’s always the New Belgium tent in June.

The worst part is that there are no good shows on the horizon here now that Cadiallac Sky cancelled. We we lucky enough to have RRE, Cornmeal, TBT, The Stringdusters and Todd Snider come through town earlier this winter, but there’s nothing exciting on the calendar at the moment.

Hope you all enjoy yourselves. I’m sure Cornmeal won’t disappoint!

Dont worry Rob, winter will be done before you know it and all us Heartlanders will be having a good beer in the beautifull box canyon. :cheers
As a matter of fact, from today till Jo (Kim) and I arivce in TP…there is ONLY…135 days!!!

:wave :wave :wave :wave :wave 133 days kids! :cheers :cheers

UJ – Sorry for the delay in my reply. I have been packing up my house – might be moving to Des Moines or to Denver if I am lucky! Anyway, no excuses!

You should definitely come up for the Cornmeal show in Des Moines. They are a band that won my heart back in 2006 and never gave it up! They are definitely jam grass. Lots of dead covers, some talking heads covers, classic bluegrass numbers and originals – all at blazing speeds!!!

Here is a link to a live show on archive: http://www.archive.org/details/CornmealLiveAtTheCanopyClub10-31-09

Give them a listen. They are SO much fun to dance to.

I’ll DEFINITELY be in DSM in March for the show with Mr. T and iabluegrassboy. Should us Heartlanders wear something special (as if we were on a blind date) to signify that we’re forum members? A feather in our hair/hat? LOL!

I have a very sporting 3-piece suit that I will wear. It says, “I’m Dangerous, but Approachable” all at the same time.

Here’s a show you might want to come to Stl for - March 12 at the Old Rock House…Traveling McCoury’s, Jeff Austin from Yonder, Drew Emmitt of Emmitt Nershi and Head for the Hills. :slight_smile:

I’m in for DM Cornmeal - working on rounding up a couple a DM friends. If Swander’s coming down from the Minneapple, maybe we meet up in Rochester, since I’ll be heading out from Wabasha MN. Is this a quickie - Sat-Sun??!??
Diana aka Heidi :fish

:wave@Heidi… A “quickie”? We can drive slow if you’d like. :flower How long would you like to stay? I’m thinking of driving down Sat morning, and back Sunday afternoon. Carpool/caravan etc. fine idea. Festygrouping should be prior to the show, ya think? :cheers

So should we all meet at a nearby bar before the show to makes sure we can get in the Cornmeal Spirit? :cheers :cheers :pipe

:thumbsup :festival :vibes~~~~~~~yes, some knowing Festyiowegian :quote could maybe pick a good food&drink/meet&greet downtown spot? Or is there reasonable food @ Peoples?

YOU FOLKS ARE KILLIN ME!!!

UJO - how many days??? :evil

Auntie Hope :festivarian2 :green

Well,since you are asking…and Hope, I’m glad you are asking…
till Sunday June 12th…
:wave

122 days
2943 hours
176582 minutes
10594942 seconds

Bump!
79 days till we set up camp in TP! :cheers :woohoo :hop :clap :rollin :dancing :dance :peace

UJo? Hello? Can we leave yet? :drive (I think I’m almost packed) :festival

Still a bit early to decide, but the first Heartlander Hookup @ the RANGER TAPPER could be after Tim & Kevin’s opening set, and we’re all tarped up, ready for Festivaaaaaal! :cheers