Food .... 2009

[quote author=stongwrcs link=topic=4573.msg38414#msg38414 date=1238805552]
Useless…hope you are bringing most of the baking equipment. I have some and will try to bring stuff I think we’ll need. Being single, don’t do alot of scratch baking around here. Figure between all of us, we can pull this off and start another TP tradition.

I’ll put together a list of the equipment and spices that we know we need to this point very soon. Again, the offer is out there on suggestions for spices.

This sounds GREAT!!! A “Taste of Telluride”. Can I be one of the judges?!
:thumbsup

Even better: you can participate in the cooking! You might even get to wear a master ruffled apron if you’re really really good :wink:

Of coarse it will be a manly man ruffle, sort of that ying/yang think… is he man enough to show his, soft side… is he secure enough to wear, ruffles…however I think he just might outshine you sister so lets keep those ruffles just for you, and ladybugs :flower

I will be working on a manly man apron…men that cook are angels from heaven…

Men who cook - link here

since that didn’t work - pic below

:peace

:wave So who are the cooks for what camps and where can I find there camp logo??

Who made that great banner for all the different camps last year?? :medal Can we please see it again… :flower

Howdy Folks… I’m just startin’ to find time to re-aquaint myself with this, my favorite, forum. WOW! A lot has gone on since I signed off last Fall… I’ve got some catchin’ up to do.

Anyway… food at the Homebrew Tasting sounds great! I’ll smoke up a mess of nuclear buffalo turds and have everone smackin’ their lips. By the way… NBT’s are jalapeno peppers stuffed with a mixture of bbq’ed pork, beef, or chicken, cream cheese, minced onion, and bbq rub then wrapped with bacon and slow-smoked for a couple of hours… you’re gonna like 'em! Oh, ya… Hippie Jerry and I have a homebrew-session planned, so we’ll tote along some Run-A-Muck Red to wet your whistle.

Later Dudes… :pipe

Karlos :cheers

P.S. How about a Brisket Cook-off?

Those festimotivators have been cracking me up, seriously!!! :lol :lol :lol

And yes, landshark, men that can cook are stuff that dreams are made of… :wink:

:wave Hey LaLa sent you a PM :flower
What are we going to bake ??? :medal

She was just quiet since she was recovering from bonding with me and 6000 chess players in a tornado shelter…

At some point soon, I guess I need to get a firm number for the bacon order.

Uhhhh - 300 pounds should get us started…

:peace

I think as we get closer, we need to do a HELP!!!THREAD for the PJ Breakfast and one for the Brew Tasting food. I’m invisioning the PJ might have a good number of folks. Buffet style, chafing dishes, etc. Might need a little help on this one from the other camps. Kinda Wednesday PJ Welcome Pot-Luck Breakfast with the famous French/English Pastry Chef Team…Jo and Ladybug! :lol :lol :lol
:thumbsup :thumbsup :thumbsup
I’m liking the sound of this! Great addition to the pre-fest, especially with the Killer Bloody Mary’s right after. Ballast before Booze! :hop :hop :hop
FFFEEESSSTTTIIIVVVVAAALLLL!!!

YUMMMMMMMY A taste treat, a little something to delight the tongue !!

I’m hopeing Lalagay can teach me something fer real…, so yer oven my oven, it’s all the same, if Lalagay and I get up early and get our mojo workin we can kick out pastries at my condo faster , mabe even use useless’s oven as well… Pasty is difficult to feed in mass…

Lalagay will want to have fun and not be cookin till sunset!!! :sunshine

Good luck! :flower :medal Let me know if ya need some help…

Well…we are slated for Wed. at 10:00am…Bloody Mary at 10:30am. Both are the central location around the TP bathrooms, so alot of exposure. We could have 20…we could have 100+? (First year doing this!). If we can get Kenny and Carolyn with Wander-In a vehicle pass, I’m sure our camp Mom will let us use the bigger oven and will jump in with both feet to help! :thumbsup
Jailhouse has added the big picking tent last year and has plenty of room and big tables. We are the Wander-In annex (across the street) and they have alot of room and tables as well. :thumbsup
Might have to hit the pouch a little early on Tues. night to get up early to bake, but heck, the faces on the folks enjoying all the good grub is worth it! We are going to pull this one off and with all the help, this is going to be only another pre-fest activity that is looked forward to every year! Just need to find some old red Union Jacks for the attire! :woohoo :woohoo
Bacon!!! Pastries!!!
When the oven arrives, I will run a recon on it so I know what to expect.
I love a good breakfast! This is going to be a hoot!!!
FESTIVAL!!!

Just want to clarify, we do not have an oven to bring. I believe Rob was in charge of that.
We have eqquipment such as ladless, sheet pans etc. as well as some spices and seasonings.

So other than all of the fine culinary experiments each of you are bringing or preparing upon arrival.
What is available for purchase once one arrives at the TBF?
I plan on camping at Illium and doing most of my own food.
However once I get in town I dont see myself making the trek back just for grub,
so whats availbale and what are some favorites?

Pea’s

The Freckled Farmer

I thought you were staying in a condo??? My mistake, sorry. :flower

Ok so nothing is for sale?
youre on your own etc etc

Not trying to be negative but all I find are chatrooms and no facts?
I realize the chatting is well deserved and people are stoked, as I am.
But I do have questions and cant seem to get answers.
Is there a place that has info on this stuff and Im just missing it?

Thanks