2024 Town Park Pre-Fest Activities!

Welp, along with my TBF packing list, the days are growing longer which must mean it’s about that time of year where we start planning the fun stuff leading up to the fest itself!!

As you may or may not know, before the actual festival begins on Thursday, plenty of fun happenings take place in Town Park - some traditions going back decades, some newer.

I’ve been in touch with several of the magical beings who host some of the more popular/public events and have compiled them into the 2024 calendar here. Please expand on your planned events in this thread or announce new ones that I will add to the calendar!

Events:

• This year’s lineup kicks off with Paulie and his minions hosting the infamous Crawfish boil on Saturday.

• Sunday Funday gets rolling around 3 with the Goddess Walk followed by Ramen with the Hulaganz.

• Monday is action packed starting with Bloody Marys/Mimosas, followed by Chef’s fancy grilled cheeses at DukTape. Not to be outdone, Gnome Name will be hosting another iteration Wings & Strings over in Primitive and of course DJ T-Ride will cap things off with the Power Hour up by the waterfall.

• Tuesday is no slouch either where you can get your potato fix for bunch at Camp Trailer Smash hosted by yours truly and crew followed immediately by the Beer Share at 11:59am. Duk Tape is hosting their Arts/Crafts happy our in the early evening and then things get wild at Crossroads for Tropical Tuesday.

• Pre-fest wraps up Wednesday but it’s a heck of a way to finish things off: Dancin’ Josh will have the waffle irons fired up for Wacky Waffle Wednesday for breakfast, then head on over to The Herd for TelluPride! Rumballs will probably happen at some point that afternoon and then our good friends at Lampshadey will be hosting a lampshade decorating party complete with a loaded baked potato bar, finishing up just in time to head up the hill to Firstgrass with Big Richard & Danny Paisley/Southern Grass if you’re so inclined.

• Monday-Wednesday from 11-Noon, Fishbone will host a beginner to intermediate jam - swing on by with your instruments and pick up a storm!

I’m sure plenty more will be added - the folks at RaM have yet to publish their planned events and I know I’m missing some stuff (sorry if that’s you - just lmk and I’ll add it in!).

A couple of important notes/updates for this year:

• With ToddG not attending this year (wtf Todd!?), we’re looking for someone to spearhead the Beer Share. Not a ton of work here, just coordinate getting the required items herded up (several tables, EZ-Ups, water/rinse station, etc) and make sure everything gets torn down and picked up. Please ping me or Todd to discuss!

• Debbie and I are also looking for someone to take over Bloody Mary Monday (don’t worry folks, the recipe won’t change). Shoot me a message if you’re interested and we can talk deets!

• The organizers of Tuesday Tater Tot-Cos & Tot Shot Totstravaganza at Camp Trailer Smash have been coerced by a certain group of Crunchy Frog Slingers to form a partnership whereby said group will be providing a tot-shot booze pairing so…get ready for that. Will it be potato vodka based? Maybe some sort of weird Catsup Cocktail Concoction? I have no idea, my only stipulation was that it can’t be green.

I’m very much looking forward to seeing all of your smiling faces soon! FESTIVALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!

12 Likes

@Crawdaddy @pksmith @Hulagan69 @Bevin @loosejello @Hooch @Hot_Sugar @TheLorax27 @CBoDenver @alexbarbosa42 @ToddG @KMurf @Christine @erinivy13 @TellurideTom @dlagrand @jeff

1 Like

Its building up to be another great year! Thanks Lucas for all you do :heavy_heart_exclamation:

:beers:

1 Like

I’m going to send some Bushyhead Lager with Denise so we’ll make a teeny contribution to the Beer Share.

3 Likes

Here’s a link to the original Lampshade making post, same info applies…

1 Like

But now with 100% more potato!

2 Likes

I’m happy to to take on organizing Beer Share. I’ll definitely need ALL the advice on getting it to run smoothly.

3 Likes

Heck ya! Todd and/or I will connect with you soon to go through deets!

Maybe Adrian and I can do the bloody mary event for you Lucas since we actually got TP tickets and he isnt volunteering this year. I will reach out to him.

1 Like

Pretty easy. Main things are helping acquire few extra shade canopies, getting a few bags of ice, and organizing there will be rinse and drinking water available. Also helps to spread the word here and on FB to let folks know to bring beers. If you can contribute some of the infrastructure items that’s a bonus!

2 Likes

Duuuuuude that would be amazing! Let me know!

Yeah Adrian said he is down. So we will do the Bloody Monday.

3 Likes

That is a great beer for a sunny day (please let the beer share get a sunny day this year)!

3 Likes

We are happy to help with plenty of beer to get things moving! (Can probably also help with setup and such, if you need us.)

3 Likes