LED light lampshade hats!

Throughout the week in our camp we will be making custom LED lit lampshade hats. If you’d like one there’s a few supplies you’ll need to bring. You can get whatever brand of LED “fairy lights” around $10-20 on Amazon, we are all getting these so we can sync them to pattern together: https://tinyurl.com/bdcautwu

You’ll need an old lampshade, thrift store or maybe you have one in the garage. And you’ll need some kind of circular brimmed hat that the lampshade will be mounted onto, like a fedora or roadster style hat. Something comfy. We’ll have expert fun hat maker Will Silva in camp, and have the glue guns and other hardware to piece your lampshade hat together.

How fun would it be if a 100 people all have synced lampshades in the audience at night!

If you have an extra glue gun and want to participate even better!

(Edited by Telluride Tom to make a tiny url so the page isn’t expanded)

This is incredible, can’t wait!

You know I want one! Lights are ordered!! :dance
:horsey

If I was there I would DEFINITELY be wearing one!

Passport, you know I want a photo x

So, is the idea that the lights are clustered within the lampshade or wrapped around the lampshade? Trying to picture the result.

The lampshade is the housing for the lights, power, etc… The lights poke thru the lampshade, with all the guts hidden within.

Got our lights in! Something I hadn’t considered, these will require a power source, right? Just a cheapo battery pack should keep these going for a while. Todd, what’d you have in mind?

Correct, any Truck stop rechargable battery pack, for charging phones or whatever will work. Think lighter the better, as it’s all going inside the lampshade. We got some semi fancy ones, that hold a double charge, so we can also charge a phone. We figure that when not wearing the lampshades, they’ll make great camp lights hung from trees!

Now I am excited!!
Will buy lights today .
I gotta get my shit together! Time to start packing

This sounds great! Time to hit thrift shops and find myself a lampshade!

I assuming the 16ft ones are the ones to get? Can you fit 32 feet of lights on a lampshade?

I asked outside of this thread and Todd confirmed the 32 foot strands are what they’re getting!

Awesome! Got 'em ordered!

ordered… any extra lampshades available?
Debbie

Yeah, we are looking for a couple too. Evidently our area of the world is not the place of excess lampshades. lol

Gonna see if we can a couple in Albuquerque I’ll look for you too, Debbie.

If I go back to the thrift store, I’ll grab a couple more, usually about 3-5 bucks.

Fun plan!!

This is going to be so fun! Once everyone has their lampshade made, we’ll have to pick a night, or nights that we all wear them! It’ll be a trip having a bunch of people with synced lights in the crowd!

Ordered mine and saved $4.90!!!

umm, received my lights… How does this work? They appear to need to be plugged into a USB.
Debbie