zac brown band

“I really think that we can expect some big things from these guys in the future.”… like this?

“All I had heard was that they were “commercial country””

Yeah, this sure isn’t commercial country. Good take though (eye roll).

[quote author=bobwilkie link=topic=6285.msg162271#msg162271 date=1629991378]
Watched all the video you shared. Have you listened to pop country lately, it all sounds like this. Pop country can’t decide if it wants to be twangy rock n roll, or twangy hick hop. He’s definitely not your daddy’s country. I’ll stick to Willie, Waylon and Merle as far as pop country goes. Saw ZBB years ago, and was not blown away. Now Sturgil or Tyler Childers, they are taking “pop” country to the next level, without the gimmicks. ZBB would be best being a bit more rock and moving to the southern rock area of music genre’s, when I saw them just reminded me of a bit more country Kid Rock. Just my opinion, and I know I like lots of stuff that plenty of others think is crap, so don’t take my opinion too serious.

I saw them play the Monte Rio Talent show in Sonoma County many years ago. I can’t give an honest opinion since the band obviously did not want to be playing this gig. It was 3 tunes only, get em on, get em off, kind of show. Put on and paid for by the Bohemians, so $$$ probably enticed them.

Absolutely had no idea who they were and have no recollection of what they played.

Listened to a few tracks since and , has hooks, well crafted… product. mho