You know festival is getting close when................

6 days from departure , gear is clean and stacked
Clothes are in the washer …
Food will buy Sat …
damn gotta go get new Tires !!!
:cheers

…every email and every phone call is festival planning.

… you order a new tent online and have it shipped to Colorado and it is there already!

… you take clothes out of the dryer and think… don’t wear this again now, it’s clean and it’s going to Telluride."

— you tell someone that in just a couple of weeks! you get the try out the hand warmer that he gave you for Christmas and it seems normal 'cuz it’s Telluride time!

… you want to go to the car rental place and measure the space in it to make sure you won’t have to leave stuff behind.

… you are seriously going to have to get three seasons of clothing and bedding rounded up and also try to make room for the fun stuff like bubbles and beads. (oh and Bailey’s!)

… you are visualizing the stop in Montrose and planning how quickly you can be in and out of City Market and the liquor store.

…you start waking up at 5 and thinking waking up early like this will be good when it’s time to take coffee to someone in the tarp line!

ah… I am so grateful to be healthy enough to do this another time! I do not take it for granted.

LuAnna

You call finding yourself still sitting on the porch listening to music with beers and great company when dawn breaks and the birds begin to sing “practice.”

Uh oh. Y’all are making me nervous. First timer here, and I had NO IDEA I should be preparing…um…help?

You have Koto turned in , even when its the Town Hall neeting

You buy a Tye-Dyed crazy creek chair to take to the festival :cheers

You may be a Tax Goddess, but you’re clearly not a Boy Scout. :wink:

You should be reading this Forum to learn everything you can about getting ready, then start asking questions about the things you’re not clear on. We’ll tell you what you need to know. Just ask! :thumbsup

At a minimum, you should be packing very, very warm clothes, along with all your hot weather gear, and if you’re camping in Town Park, you should be hoarding your quarters for the showers. Cold showers are free. Hot showers require quarters.

You get the tune up on your car and tell folks at the office to wrap it up cause it takes me a week to get ready to go on vacation. :medal

only a week???

I gotta stop this posting sh** and get back to mowing the weeds, vaccuming the floor, cleaning the truck…

Work who has time for work when you guys are doing all of this chattering :huh :huh :huh

:peace

…when Duk Tape Man shows up in Albuquerque for the first leg of his Festival Season pilgrimage.

Thought the first leg was the Ramah outting ???
:cheers

correct, Ron, I was just catching up here… Duk Tape Man and Blaze are currently on the second leg of their summer trip (on the way to puh-go-sa) then they’ll hit Telluride for their third stop.

When everything you think, see, talk about is Telluride, and all your non-festivarian friends think you’re going loopy because after all you’ve never been before, so how could you possibly know what all the fuss is about?!? :huh

Well thanks TellurideTom, Jailhouse Rob, Hippie, Ron n Deb, Landshark, The Banjomatic, etc for turning me into a freak from day one! :lol :lol :lol

And I think UselessJo will agree on this one: you know it’s getting close to festival when you’re already coming up with suggestions for next year! :lol

your digging Quarters out of the change jar hoping there is one more showers worth in there somewhere

“Send bubbles beads and Bailey’s!!!” to the tune of: “Send lawyers guns and money!!!”

… you are sherioushly trying to perfect the reshipe for thish year’s batcsh of Goddess Juice!

the chatter on the board goes way down because either you are packing or already on the road heading to festivaaalllll!

I know, right? What the heck? Some of us have another 5 days (or longer) before we leave.

You remember things you have forgotten in the past or you find something you haven’t used for a year or two and you try to put them in a place where you don’t forget them again. You remember that the tarp you have used too many years is gone and you need a new one. A friend calls to say they won’t be going this year, then you get another call saying they will be going.

some of us are busy with things that can’t wait for the other side of the festival

Wow Hooch, that sounds like a serious personal problem. It must really suck to be you. :lol Too bad you couldn’t make it over to rib night with the Jailhouse Boys. We just chalked it up to your lack of commitment to Festi-Training. :evil

Can’t wait to see ya Lampshade Boy :rock

Auntie Hope :festivarian2 :green

…you start checking the 10 day forecast in Telluride!!!