You had me at Emmylou...

As long as your doing those curls to Emmylou :cheers

Not just to Emmylou. :wink:
I may be singing and dancing though. :flower

OK, I admit, I didn’t actually want to say “UBER UBER UBER UBER UBER UBER UBER UBER UBER UBER UBER UBER UBER UBER UBER UBER” but I definitely wanted to remark on how thrilled I was that Jerry & Tim were opening the festival, that Tim was one of my favorite singers/songwriters, that Jerry is the most talented dobro player and inspiring musician IN THE WORLD and that I was “close to a nervous seizure due to over-excitement” at the idea of it! Which pretty much means the same thing :wink:
:hop :hop :hop :hop :hop :hop :hop :hop :hop :hop :hop :hop

I do tend to get way overexcited, but i figure that when you can’t hear my vocal tones I need to make myself sound even more insane :cheers

You’ll definitely get an amen for that from this sunny corner of England today. I could happily sit there and listen to Tim’s entire back catalogue and never loose concentration for a second. Is it too much to hope that they’ll do ‘Hey Joe’ & that Darrell Scott will appear as a special guest?

I’ll bring you a CD of Tim’s solo show in Bury last year.

Darrell Scott doesn’t have anything scheduled over Telluride at his website, but I doubt it would happen. When we were making suggestions, i did ask for a Tim O’Brien and Darrell Scott set and I hope it will happen soon, but Tim and Jerry will be epic without him as wel, it’d just be more epic with him :cheers

I still believe Tony Rice will make a surprise appearance, just because I’ve been the luckiest person ever so far and he knows it’s my first TBF so he’ll go that extra mile :wink: :wink: :wink:

Hot Sugar…been trying to figure out for weeks…what is your image? :huh

Hey Lalagay, we saw Tony with peter Rowan at this tiny little 1920’s hotel in mid missouri a few years back. It was fantastic. the place holds maybe 200 people and they played in front of the fireplace of the hotel lobby. We stayed in a room two doors down from them with a common screened in porch area overlooking the meremec river valley. After their set sat. night we sat with them (Rowan. Rice, and brin bryce) on the porch sharing some local wine(s). A once in a lifetime setting we will never forget. even though I too never got to hear him sing live, he is just incredible to watch play. Seems to be a very shy and humble guy.

You should check out the recording I have of Tony Rice on my site from 1987.
He had a remarkable voice. :flower

UselessJo you are soooooo lucky!!! if that happened to me I’d probably be faint with excitement, I probably wouldn’t even be able to talk to him, just stand there stuttering, turning a bright shade of pink and probably trip over something and making a fool of myself…
First time I saw Tim O’Brien in London in this tiny 30-person venue, in feb 2008, that’s pretty much how I behaved :lol I talked to him after the gig (he was playing alone and was totally amazing, he brought me to tears several times during his set), well, I just smiled stupidly, turned bright red and mumbled some thanks. He just smiled, told us (me, my sister, cousin and her boyfriend) he was glad to see youth getting into bluegrass, and was genuinely friendly and down to earth. Once we left the gig I just broke down and cried, it was just too much emotionally, I couldn’t contain it (it was my first proper real life bluegrass hero experience)… I saw him again in november at the same venue, and he was just as amazing. This time I managed to have a proper conversation with him afterwards at the bar, and I even managed a few jokes! :lol
So that’s it, that’s the most real bluegrass I’ve ever seen in my life, despite having listened to the records for most of the 22 years I’ve spent on earth!!! So I might need to be holding someone’s hand or something when the festival kicks off, just in case I faint or loose the the capacity to stand on my own two legs unsupported… :flower
And yes Tom, Tony did have the most amazing voice ever, I’m so sad he can’t seem to use it anymore… amongst my favorite albums of his are Manzanita, Church Street Blues and Native American, what a voice…

It’s not only the young and inexperienced who are smitten… ask Boogiefool about our encounter with Mr O’Brien last year. :lol :lol :lol

“Oh Tim!!!”
:slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

I was no david Frost doing an interview! We were with some friends andd they did most of the talking. Tony actually was not there for long, he was getting ready to drive to the next gig. Peter Rowan and the Brices sat and had wine.

Oh Crap… :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

I bet we’re just the same when we meet Lala :lol :lol :lol

I’ve seen the pictures and I bet your not the same :lol :wave

Nope Im even prettier :eek :eek

I’ve never drank that mch :lol :lol

I can’t even imagine drinking that much!
:lol :lol

Drink? I was looking at prescription drugs :lol :lol