When will Daily Lineups for 2024 drop?

First time Festivarian here! Looking forward to finally making the trip this summer. Curious based on past experience if anyone knows when the daily lineups plan to drop? We were only able to grab tickets for Thursday and Sunday, and likely won’t be able to do both. Thanks for any insight, cheers!

Usually it’s early to mid-March.

Thanks so much! We will probably need to return one set of tickets before the March 1 deadline. Between Thursday and Sunday, is there a day that’s better to attend in the opinion of folks who have attended in the past? Thanks for all your help :slight_smile:

No problem at all!

Sunday has the gospel set and is usually the biggest headliner (however they’re often not true bluegrass acts) but there’s lots to like about Thursday as well - the energy in the air is palpable. Chris Thile opens it up every year so if you like him, that could be a big draw. But then again, Punch usually plays on Sunday so you could see him then. It’s hard to say which would be ‘better’ not knowing what you’re into!

You’ll be able to resell your unused single days even after the return deadline (albeit it takes a little more effort) so if you’re worried about being stuck with them if you don’t return to The Planet, that shouldn’t be a concern.

If I had to choose blind I’d probably say Thursday but that’s only because I’m usually wiped by the time Sunday rolls around and I don’t want it to be ‘over’.

3 Likes

@thewiz you are SO helpful! This is exactly the kind of insight I was looking for, thank you so so much! I’ve researched a bit about how folks can resale tickets, is there a forum on this site that is best to do that through or elsewhere? Thank you very much again!

1 Like

Yes! We have a whole section just for reselling TBF tickets here: Telluride Ticket Exchange / Swap - Festivarian Forum

Once you decide what tickets you want to sell, go post them there. Try to get that done before the transfer deadline because it’s much easier to transfer those to the buyer. Take a look at #4 here for more info: Ticket Transfer Information — Planet Bluegrass • Colorado Music Festivals & Concerts • Lyons, CO More info on safely transferring tickets here: Beware of scammers - mostly via text!

Honestly, every day is different and interesting. You will be able to buy more single tickets - just like you there will be others looking to sell. I’d keep my Thursday and be on search for another set of Friday tickets if you want two days worth of festival. The reality is that Saturday is usually the hardest to find.

But honestly, I promise it doesn’t matter. You will have a great time.

And yes, Lucas is the best!

2 Likes

You seem real nice! Any chance I could get a tour of all the “not to be missed” spots during the festival? There seems to be so many options when I dig in here.

4 Likes

Oh yes buddy, you’ll get the special tour, don’t you worry :wink:

4 Likes

Oh thank you, thank you!!! It means a lot to me!

1 Like

Looking forward to it. I’ve put together a loose itinerary (in no particular order):

• Cat Fact Corner at 2am
  • The port-o-potties by RaM shortly after 13 virgins do their first Frog
  • Something about Tater Tots
  • Ganjala 101
  • The best place in Town Park to find an ear of boiled corn on a Saturday
  • How to dodge Bobby Bulleit at any cost
  • A pile of discarded line numbers over #1500
  • The best ramen for 50 miles in any direction
  • Scantily clad keg stands
  • The least likely places to encounter a banjo
    …and much much more!
5 Likes

Thursday and Sunday are always my favorite days of the fest. Thursday (typically but not always) has a non bluegrass headliner which is always epic. But Sunday has the house band and that’s one not to miss. I also love Sunday bc a lot of people leave to get back to work on Monday or just beat the crowds out of town so not so crowded, more go with the flow vibe, Gospel Set, house band and always an epic headliner send off. Down side, they might be out of flank steak by then :wink::yum:

1 Like

Lineup is up now on the PB website, Elephant Revival has been added as well!

2 Likes

Just saw them again at Subaru Winterfest - so much fun (of course the Smokies slayed it as well)!

Looks to me to not only be a killer lineup, and they spread it out nicely in the daily schedule, not a day to be missed, and who knows what NG will unveil!

3 Likes

No Yonder? WTF.