Town Park Home-Brew & Tasting Event

Well… (according to Karlos) it’s time to start talkin’ homebrew! A handful of years ago we had our first Homebrew Tasting in Town Park. Because of the large number of homebrewers camping in Town Park, homebrew of all sorts showed up. Beer, wine, mead, and moonshine. That first event was a doosey! I had a banner made to advertise the event and have forgotten where it is (I think Hippie Jerry has it?). Is the event still going on? Last time I attended TBF the Homebrew Tasting was combined with the Oyster Feed, and the Tasting didn’t get the attention it deserved. Maybe this year we can make the Homebrew Tasting its own gig once again?

I’m starting my many brewing sessions for TBF this weekend. Two 5-gallon batches planned. The first one is going to be a clone of Fishbone brewer extrordinaire James’ Toasted Cocconut Porter. A medium to light porter with the suttle taste of chocolate and toasted coconut. Wow! This beer is outstanding if you haven’t tried it. I hope my version can compare. The second is going to be one of my crowd-pleasers… the infamous Run-A-Muck Red. An easy-drinkin’ hard-hittin’ creamy Irish Red Ale.

So… what are the rest of you brewers up to?

The Kaptain :cheers

:::drools:::

I have it scheduled for the same day as the oyster BBQ, but at noon. :cheers

I’m waiting for the daily time schedule to be posted before puting up the entire schedule, cause I need to know who’s playing just before our annual festivarian photo. :wave

Be patient, the pre-fest events will be posted soon. :wink:

maybe we should have it up in town hall instead of wander-in in that case. I agree tuesday noon is a good idea as well Tom :cheers

I may not have time to brew for this year :geek

The main reason we did it at Wander in was it’s centrally located so people don’t have to lug their kegs too far. :cheers

Karlos
with the help of Master Brewer James Praitt <he sold me his brew keg, wart chiller and all the extra stuff >
I will be brewing up 20 gallons of a very tasty Pale Ale

and i thought we did have the Brew tasting at our camp last year ??
and also had some at the fry

anyway my 2 cents
:cheers

sounds good to me… Plus it’s a good way to get those late arrivals directly into the proper festival spirit. :thumbsup

I’ll prowl around for that banner. Could we try to come up with some kind of shelter for the tasting table? I recall that the growlers were sitting out in the sun for a while. :mad warm beer

Are there any pickers out there ready for some miday picking? We’re also looking for a few good pickers for the oyster feed / catfish fry.

and so the fever begins :flower

i’m always ready for some pickin’! what do you play?

-aaron

Damnit! I can’t be there till Tuesday evening!! You can’t do anything fun without me, you just can’t!! I made some homemade plum port this winter, and so will be bringing that down to share with the masses! It has a nice alcohol content of 15%, and goes with just about anything you can fit in your mouth! :baby

I am a witness that Daniela’s plum port is very tasty and respectably alcoholic.

Once I post our pre-fest schedule you’re going to insist on taking another day or two off (without pay!) to join in all the OTHER fun we’re going to have! :lol

this thread is making me awfully thirsty!!!

…i’m spittin’ sand over here!!! :pipe

Karlos,

Good news! last year while you were resting in Cali! The Home Brew tasteing was going on and I drove my car right into it!!! :cheers! Turned out pretty good too. We had the Oyster BBQ later in the evening!

I’m not a brewer, yet, but I do plan on bringing some of my tasty favorites by way of growler from 2 or 3 of our local brewerys. if any of you brewers need suggestions, I’m always up for a nice, hoppy, IPA :cheers

P.S. nice hat Kaptain :thumbsup although I wasn’t complaining about the Krown, on the contrary, I found it very fitting.

I play a really mean knife and spoons at the BBQ. :thumbsup :thumbsup

AND Larry:

That wouldn’t have anything to do with that bottle we thrust into your hands before you even had a chance to get of your rental :wink: :wink: Paybacks a bitch ain’t it?

awesome!

it’s hard to come by a good spooner!! :eek

:cheers OMG! I’m totally drooling right now. That sounds like heaven to me! I hope I get the chance to meet you and to try the beer!! :medal

~Whitney

ditto! that sound incredible! :eek

toasted

coconut