TBF Artist Wish List...who would you like to hear at future festivaaaaals?

Geez Hope I dont even rate …Im so deeply hurt !
:frowning:
:cheers

Danny Barnes needs an invitation to bring a band!!!

I second Danny Barnes!!

Another band that I’ve always wanted to see at TBF is Gov’t Mule. I think they’d be awesome as a Friday or Saturday night band, and as a side bonus, Warren Haynes could do an acoustic set some morning/afternoon and even be part of a songwriting workshop. And who wouldn’t love to see Sam playing some fiddle on Sco-Mule or Soulshine!

It was just for one day, Ron. Not to worry, you and Deb are still tops on the list! :thumbsup

Auntie Hope :pickin :green

Luv you too

:wave THE FIGS!!! :wave :thumbsup :medal :flower

I was just introduced to this band over the weekend and I am completely hooked. :thumbsup

Sons of Ralph
http://www.sonsofralph.com/

These guys are from Asheville, NC.

Check out their bio:

The Sons of Ralph (featuring Ralph) is a band that plays music ranging from bluegrass to cajun, to rock and back! The Band’s frontman, Ralph Lewis (mandolin, guitar, vocals) started out playing “mountain music” in the 1940’s. From there he has had many groups including, The Lewis Brothers, The Carolina Pals, and The Piney Mountain Boys. In 1974 he got a call to join Bill Monroe’s Bluegrass Boys, where he stayed for two years. Seeing his own “boys” wish to play music, he quit Monroe’s group to pick with his sons. Marty (guitar, dobro, vocals) and Don (fiddle, banjer, guitar, and vocals) still perform with their dad to this day.

They have since added two “adopted” sons to the lineup, Steve Moseley (bass) and Ozzie Orengo Jr. (percussion). The “Sons” play a wide variety of tunes and depend on their audiences for the direction of each performance.
Ralph’s motto: “IT’S A PARTY EVERY TIME!”

I second this. :thumbsup

I just saw a few of these guys play a birthday party at a campground in Hot Springs, NC. It was a small crowd and they still put it all out on the table, playing some originals and covers to which they added their own touch. They would be good in an afternoon slot and would definitely be a killer Nightgrass band.

bring back The Hackensaw Boys!

In case they haven’t been mentioned already, I’d love to see The Clumsy Lovers get an afternoon/evening set and a nightgrass show. I’m blown away by them every time I see them.

Whoa, Danny Barnes/Bad Livers, for sure! I’m most psyched to see the Bad Livers at HSB.

Another potential suggestion for TBF, although a band that no one has ever heard of, is The Handsome Family.

http://www.handsomefamily.com/

(Are you reading this, PB?) The Handsome Family are alt-country geniuses. They’re literally huge in Europe, and have played the Glastonbury and Calgary Folk festivals more than a few times.

They have appeared in the movie, I’m Your Man (2005), a tribute to Leonard Cohen as well as Searching for the Wrong-Eyed Jesus (2004). In 2004, a reader’s poll in Mojo named The Handsome Family’s third CD, Through the Trees, one of the ten essential Americana records.

They’d be great at Folks, too, but especially great at Tellluride, since they can really rock when they want to.

Go see 'em if you get a chance.
That’s all the $0.02 I have for now…
Bevin

Not sure whether someone already posted this, but Langhorne Slim is really flippin’ awesome - great music, great performer. I’d really love to see him at Telluride. I would describe him as bluesy, and folksy with a sprinkling of punk-rock energy and sound.
Check him out! http://www.myspace.com/langhorneslim

i’ve got a couple i’d love to recommend and a couple that have already been said:

1. Steve Earle
  2. David Byrne
  3. Earl Scruggs
  4. The Steeldrivers

I’d love Railroad EARTH to close a friday or saturday night. Also Crooked Still has gotten better since their debut @TBF in 2007. Tea Leaf Green would be super as well. Of course, Bruce Hornsby is always in good taste

Anybody else out there know the Corb Lund band?

Darol Anger

Yes Danny Barnes absolutely yes.

Welll, I would say it’s long overdue for AKUS to tour again. It would be great to see them at Telluride. (last year was my first) Also:

Crooked Still
Hot Rize
Donna Hughes
Blue Highway
Solas

marshall/anger
lunasa
martin hayes/dennis cahill
shawn colvin
van morrison (i can dream can’t i?)
kevin burke
james taylor