TBF Artist Wish List...who would you like to hear at future festivaaaaals?

Jake Shimabukuro :thumbsup

That would be awesome!!! :thumbsup

20 years later, it’s time for a Revival–New Grass Reunion!

snake oil Medicine show

Johnny Staats :thumbsup

Since we’re wishing… I would love to see a Sunday gospel service featuring the Mohorns (think a gospel "Tower of Power) and T-Bone. OR maybe a gospel/r&b set by the OJays.

Mixing it up like that on stage would surely get people on their feet!

But then again… I know I’m just dreaming!

xoxo Rhonny

Earl Scruggs
Sam Bush
Mollie O’Brien

I’d love to see that! It would not be the original NGR though.
Strength in Numbers would be good too.

I’d love to see John Oates play a set as well. Either with his own band or with Hall and Oates. Upon 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 5th listenings, the songs he played with Sam Bush were some of the best of the Festival.

I would love to see Old Crow Medicine show, Xavier Rudd, Crooked Still and Oakhurst!!! Counting the days until next year.

peace :flower

Greencards
Psychograss
Chris Hillman

Since this isn’t a bluegrass/country festival anymore, I like to see other acoustic type music.

There are some wonderful blues players out there, but I’d take Keb Mo to start with, but why not a John Hammond, Chris Smither, Robin Henkel, I know I am forgetting many.

Also why not somebody like Linoel Louke, Babba Maal or other African roots players.

If they are going to branch out to different styles they should reach out to other acoustic sounds not just other sounds that America has to offer. Loud electric music just makes my head hurt now days. Damn old age is harsh.

Yea Chris Hillman with Herb Pedersen would be good to. Great acoustic music for sure.

Dustin… you have voicemail at work. :flower

Anyone here check the Bluegrass Charts??? Top of the charts this week for singles goes to Mashville Brigaide, and I just saw them…AGAIN… this evening at The Station Inn, in Nashville. I’m tellin’ ya, these guys rock the bluegrass and need to be booked at Telluride or Rockygrass!

Auntie Hope :pickin :green

I would like to see the band that I never got to see, although they were on the TBF schedule EVERY DAY:

“Gates Open”

I bet that some of these guys were in a band that used to play a lot - almost everyday at numerous festivals - but now I never see on the program - “Dinner Break”.

I am thinking that they broke up and some of the members left to form the “Gates Open” band.

Any info on this would be helpful.

Thanks,

Erndog

Gates Open is a minimalist band, which has not only reduced all songs to only zero notes, but also has no players on stage at least for any length of time. Rumor has it they have quite an entourage back stage though, and are very found of bag pipe music. Fans love them, they run as fast they can to see them, but if they do appear on stage they are gone by the time we arrive - sometimes replaced by Tim O’Brien taking moving pictures of the confusion.

They are very popular on the festival circuit, but I can’t find any information about their booking agency.

Dinner Break is no longer invited back, they caused fans to walk away from the stage - never a good sign for an act.

I see, they are sort like that grunge band that is referred to in the Todd Snider song - they are so cool they don’t even play.

I get it.

Thanks,

Erndog

:lol :lol :rollin :rollin :clap WOW ya should of been there, oh yeah what happened? Nothin :lol They were great! :rock

ToDd Rocks !

Im an Alright guy
Im Alright !
:cheers

How’s bout’s Sweet Sunny South and Blue Highway!!!

Erndog, you’re my 2nd favorite person today, right after Bluegrass Dustin!
Thanks Guys! :cheers

Auntie Hope :pickin :green