TBF Artist Wish List...who would you like to hear at future festivaaaaals?

We are so spoiled each year we return to Telluride, and I know a big part of this festival is the wide array of music styles that fill each years schedule, but I am curious to see who you think would be fun to hear but have not yet had the opportunity. :flower

I wanna see Vancouver, BC bluegrass band The Clumsy Lovers play the festival. I never miss a show when they pass through CO, and I would love to see how their energy would translate in our heavenly venue. :flower

Clumsy Lovers are great! we’ll have them in Missoula on the 24th of August, they close the River City Roots Festival that Ellen works so hard to produce. if anyone is out this way on that weekend, we have Martha Scanlon before the lovers and Great American Taxi, followed by Emmit Nershi on Sat. the 23rd. oh yeah, IT’S FREE!!!
there are a few bands I would like to see make it to TBF someday. Wake The Dead, the Meat purveyors, Big Smith, and Wreckless Kelly to name a few.

We are huge Clumsy Lovers fans here in Flagstaff! They sooooo belong at TBF. Dynamic, fast, brilliant celticgrass with hints of acadia. I LOVE those guys.

That should absolutely happen!
:flower :flower :thumbsup :thumbsup

Clumsy Lovers would be fabulous. And so would The Waifs, John Boy’s Mule, and… wait for it… wait for it… RAILROAD EARTH!

xoxo R

P.S. And how about a return of Michael Franti and Spearhead for that Friday night spot?!

I dream of seeing Xavier Rudd back on that stage.

Robert Earl Keen would bring the house down for a night show

Biscuit Burners
Adrienne Young
Snake Oil Medicine Show
Dread Clampitt
Aquarium Rescue Unit

Railroad Earth
Railroad Earth
Railroad Earth

This year’s biggest issue I had was in the program they listed past winner of the band contest and RRE wasn’t listed! They are first place in every show I’ve seen! :medal

I like your style, Monkeygirl… I would LOVE to see BOTH Railroad Earth and Michael Franti up on that stage… I am HUGE fans of both, in fact saw them both last weekend at High Sierra and Franti brought me to tears!! ~ Check out his new song “Hey World (Don’t Give Up On Me)”… That’s the one that got my eyes a-leakin!!

Some honorable mentions are:
Old Crow Medicine Show, Greensky Bluegrass, Blue Turtle Seduction… And has anyone heard of Cornmeal?? I discovered them at HSMF this year and they were IN-FUKKIN-CREDIBLE!!! ~ Their violinist, Alli was awesome and sat in with various bands, including Railroad Earth… Her and Timmy together were AMAZING!!! Please check them out, you can thank me later, lol!

I just realized I finally hit the 420 rating!!!

:flower

Awww, shucks… THANKS GUYS!!!

:cheers

Neil Young, already!!!

Definitely agree on bringing back Railroad Earth.

I agree with Railroad Earth as well as…

Neil Young
Paul Simon
Asleep at the Wheel
Mary Chapin Carpenter
Emmylou Harris! :flower

:thumbsup I’mwith ya on this Mr. Mayor! :medal

Hmmm…looks like I need to check me out some RRE.

:thumbsup Thanks friends! :thumbsup

I’ll agree with RRE and the Clumsy Lover’s for sure!

Also, there’s a band form Missouri called Cumberland Gap that would be a great morning set, very good bluegrass.

I’d love to see Grace Potter and the Nocturnals play a late night slot as well!

Front Range faves Oakhurst would be a nice addition…

others:

Circuit Riders

Leftover Salmon (should have a permanent slot every year!)

Dominick Leslie’s band ? (whenever he starts one!)

Here’ my wish list…

The Steeldriver’s
Boulder Acoustic Society
Kellin Watson
Acoustic Syndicate
Oakhurst

It would be great to see Acoustic Syndicate again. :thumbsup

speaking of bands from Missouri, how about BIG SMITH ?