TBF 101 for families

Yes the playground in town park is right next to the festival, so the music is great. The pool is open too, it costs around 7 or 8 bucks though, but if you wanna swim (and not in feezing river water) it’s a good time. Also, (I haven’t read all the posts so forgive me if this was already discussed…) last year they had the “kids tent” area set up in the skate rink in town park instead of outside int he festival - no ice of course. My kids weren’t there but I heard people really liked it for the shade and such.

BTW - the overstimulation at Telluride is inescapable, with the river, the festival, the campground, you might not even see the park or pool! Squirt guns are always good entertainment inside, and everone loves the cool off :thumbsup

Yikes, I should really use that “preview” option before I post… I’m at ypo qwuewn :slight_smile: hehe

Another newbie question
(apologies in advance if I missed mention of this somewhere…I did look, I swear!)

Does anyone bring strollers along for their kids? Are they permitted (ours folds up smaller than most sunshades)?

Of course you can bring in strollers! :thumbsup
We wouldn’t want our little festivarians to be uncomfortable. :flower

Hello - new to the forum and first time festivarian coming with my wife and 3 year old from California.

We are really looking forward to it!! I am a bit nervous as to how Zachary will be - I have fears of losing him in the crowd etc…

We are camping - so that should be an experience. I will read the rest of the thread to see what people are sayin…

John, Joan and Zachary!

We are really looking forward to it!! I am a bit nervous as to how Zachary will be - I have fears of losing him in the crowd etc…

They are really good at Festival about lost kids… and most festival goers look out for the little ones as well…

But, here is something some of you may be interested in
http://safetytat.com/order/

I was wondering when someone at the bluegrass festivals was going to mention SafetyTat! (I just hate shameless self promotion) Enjoy yourselves and have a safe time at TBF. Enter TBF at checkout on SafetyTat to receive free shipping as a “thank you”(!) for helping us spread the word. Be good. :flower

These are yours! What a great product… I wish they had been around when my boys were a little younger… We were discussing them on one of my Autism parenting boards and I thought I would mention them here…

I think some of us “adults” could use these too. LOL.

I think some of us “adults” could use these too. LOL

Yeah, maybe you could make up a special “TBF Edition” for grownups…

If lost and found wandering around TP, please return to Camp XXXX

RE: Yeah, maybe you could make up a special “TBF Edition” for grownups…

LOL...We could have some fun with that!!

DOH! I placed my order yesterday… Oh well, I did mention I heard about SafetyTAT on the Festivarian Forum in the comments section of my order…

This is a GREAT idea. They’re really kinda cute too.

I agree that some of us could use the safetats also as adults, it might help get me back to my campsite in one piece. Leaving in three days for the festival and life is good. See you all there and feel free to come by and hang with the kids if you are in Town Park. I think that the storytime is a great idea in the days leading up to the festival, my wife said that she would read also, but once thursday hits the kids will be up too late dancing. It does get dark about the time the last band of the evening starts and we bring a ton of the glow braclets and hook them to the kids so that they dont walk away in the dark. I find them at Target in the discount section for 15 for a dollar. I would also rec warm clothing for the kids (and the adults) for when the sun goes down the temp drops considerably.
Teleski :wave

A balloon tied to the youngin’ is useful to quickly spot them in a crowd.

Especially when the liliputians wish to pass out!

Hello 2009 Family Festivarians!

We are finally making the journey out in June, after two years of living in CO, it’s about time! I will be traveling alone with my 7 and 4 year old daughters. We’re staying at the high school and would love to swap other families in childcare if anyone’s interested!

Let’s hope the next few months go quick…we can’t wait!

Hello

I’m a newbie as well and am coming out this year with a friend of mine and our two year olds. I noticed that Town Park and Waren campgrounds are sold out and those seem to be the most popular.

I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions as to what the next best place would be to camp with little kids.

I’m SO excited and I can’t wait but am a little nervous as this is the first time camping or anything like this with my baby.

Thanks for your help!

The High School might be perfect. Click on the Planet Bluegrass link on the top right of the page, than click on Telluride Blue grass fest. on the left, than accomodations. :flower

agreed, while there isn’t a camp site that’s horrible for the chillens, i’d say the school is the best one for them

Thanks for the suggestions. After contemplating we have decided to go with Mary E Ilium so we can have a fire and have our car with us. I hope we made a good choice. It seems from everything I have read that you can’t really make a bad one.

Thanks again!