TBA

Sounds like it’s going to be Yonder after all.

Matt

Doc Mike, you’ve got something here and I’m starting to think so more and more. Not only does Steve Martin have his “favorite band” playing in the slot right after, but he has been playing shows (in May anyway) w/ the Steep Canyon Rangers, who also happen to be playing earlier the same day. Hmmm, pretty darn convenient. Steve shows up w/ a banjo, has a backup band he’s already familiar w/ and guests that will just happen to be very nearby who also know some of the material on his new album, because they guested on it. Guess the question I keep asking is what about the ego a band/performer must have (or not have) to play a headline slot and not be responsible for any direct ticket sales because of zero advertisement. I have originally been thinking a Colorado band (Yonder or Salmon or a derivative of), but this prospect seems pretty possible- as crazy as it sounds!! We’ll see. I have to say it would be great to not know for sure until the minute it happens, but do you think it’s possible, being on a Sunday? Lot’s of time for leaking. If anyone out there (and someone knows reading this) knows, you won’t break my heart if you keep it under wraps. For now, it is fun thinking about, that’s for sure!!

Hardly Strictly Line-up

See the 2009 HSB line-up. Steve is on the bill as “Steve Martin w/Steep canyon Rangers”

Therefore, a RG appearance seems within the realm of possibility. I’m keeping my fingers crossed. And if it is indeed Mr. Martin who will show on Sunday, then I think it’s wise of the Planet to hold on the announcement lest legions of Saturday Night Live groupies rush the gates on Sunday.

Now where can I get me one of those arrow through the head thingies?

what if the entire audiance had arrow though the head thingies, we could buy in bulk and hand out.

Wouldn’t Steve be pleased. :cheers

I heard from someone in the know that it is definitely going to be Yonder. Maybe there are two TBA acts, but I’m pretty sure that Yonder will be playing.

I guess the question is who would be listed as TBA and why?

I guess Rocky Grass is small enough that they are afraid to be run over the Yonder fans…

Steve Martin? I don’t why that would be a TBA. I like his record, but in his interviews he is clear if he plays live it’s about the music and don’t expect any thing regard cat toys or arrows. Not sure if the SNL crowd is going to run just to hear him play “The Crow” live.

So who’d be a TBA for good reason? Jerry Garcia reincarnated playing the banjo? A little stuck of why they would have a TBA outside of something they figured would over whelm Rocky Grass. I just don’t see Steve Martin being it. But then maybe it will Paul McCartney’s new bluegrass band with Ringo on fiddle.

your right, I never thought of the danger aspect. If everyone started swaying side to side
with the music. a lot of folks would end up stabbed in the ear.

Exactly. I’ve heard this concern from some of my friends as well. I think that PB doesn’t want to be over-run by Yonder freaks. Yonder definitely brings a rowdy crowd with them.

not if everyone is swaying in time… :lol
Just in case… I’ll bring my rubber arrow :wink:

yes the kiddy arrows with the suction cup on the end. That would be safer. :lol

Yonder sure wouldn’t break my heart! Saw them with Sam Bush earlier this year in Seattle, and would love a repeat. Still, Steve would be cool…

Yes Yonder would be a great addition to this years lineup… I remember they played at RG a few years back…Great show…
But I would love to see Steve this year…ether way I’m Happy.
:cheers

Yonder! Yonder! i can see why they’d want to keep that under wraps. Lordy the Kinfolk can be rowdy! please oh please oh please let it be Yonder! Yonder, Hot Rize and Del would be the absolute best.

btw, saw Del McCoury in Missouri last weekend…he is the consummate entertainer. his band is talented as hell and smooth as silk.

If a girl can dream, I’d like to see TBA turn into NGR. :flower :medal

Now you’re talkin! Great dream Cindy!

what a wonderful vision.

I don’t mind who it is, I’m sure they’ll be as fantastic as the rest of the line up. :flower

I still can’t beleive I’m going, I have to keep pinching myself. :clap :hop

OUCH THAT HURT! :lol

I doubt it’ll be Yonder. The description of TBA on the line-up page says:

To Be Announced
Sometimes we all need a little surprise in our lives. Sure, all festival long we’ll thrive on the controlled surprises of improvisation, as amazing soloist after amazing soloist hides musical surprises around every corner. We’ll be on the edge of our tarp as surprise guests add their vocal or instrumental touch for an occasional song or two. But this year, we’ll all take part in the collective whispers and rumors surrounding an entire Sunday evening RockyGrass set shrouded in surprise - a set from someone you might know; a set from someone we’d love to tell you about. But we can’t. And we won’t. Make sure to be on your tarp Sunday evening… all will be revealed.

So, we won’t know until Sunday at show time.

I can’t imagine Yonder would require or justify any type of pre-fest announcement black-out as well as words of warning to make sure you’re on your tarp Sunday evening. I mean, Yonder is definitely special, but I highly doubt they’re special enough to require the Planet to keep quiet until show time. I mean, they’ve played Rocky Grass before, so why would this time be different?

Just guessing here - as well as enjoying the “collective whispers and rumors surrounding an entire Sunday evening… shrouded in surprise.” I think the word from the alleged insider that it’ll be Yonder is a red herring.

Im thinking Yonder could definitely have an announcement blackout being that they are playing Red Rocks a month later. I would bet there is wording in the contract that says they can’t promote any other shows in the area until Red Rocks sells out (which it won’t until maybe day of). They ran into that problem when they played New Years with Panic and wanted to add a show before. They ended up having to play it as the Cosmic Bowling League.

Then again, now that Rockygrass has sold out I don’t see any reason why they couldn’t announce it.

I don’t know who it will be, but I’m sure it will be great.

Come on Bevin, you know who it is. :wink: :wink:
Put us out of our misery. :frowning:

All us loyal and devoted fans who’ve tirelessly supported him through the ‘thinking period’ can now celebrate. Laydeeez 'nGennermun, I give you…

Vanilla Ice…(ice ice baby)