Single-day lineup!

We’re excited to announce the complete single-day lineup for the 36th Annual Telluride Bluegrass Festival…
http://www.bluegrass.com/telluride/lineup.html

In addition to all the amazing artists we’ve already announced - David Byrne, Elvis Costello & the Sugarcanes, Sam Bush, YMSB, Kasey Chambers, Railroad Earth, Bela and Toumani, Tim and Jerry, etc etc - we’re thrilled to add four more bands to the final lineup:

• Three Girls & Their Buddy: Emmylou Harris, Patty Griffin, Shawn Colvin & Buddy Miller - These 4 long-time friends of the festival (some of our favorite songwriters/singers/performers) gather for an in-the-round set of songs and stories.

• Works Progress Administration - A new supergroup featuring Glenn Phillips (Toad the Wet Sprocket), Sean Watkins (Nickel Creek), Sara Watkins (Nickel Creek), Luke Bulla (Jerry Douglas Band), Benmont Tench (Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers), Greg Leisz (Lucinda Williams, Bill Frisell), Pete Thomas (Elvis Costello & The Imposters), and Davey Faragher (Cracker, The Imposters).

• Greensky Bluegrass - Since winning the TBF band contest in 2006 (and adding fifth member, Anders Beck on dobro) Greensky has become one of the hottest young bands in the jamgrass scene.

• The Lovell Sisters - These three hot-pickin’ sisters (ages 17-22) from Georgia play and sing with a youthful sass. Bluegrass music is alive and well. Check em out - http://www.youtube.com/thelovellsisters

The lineup page (above) has the complete single-day lineups as well as photos, bios, and links to artists’ website and videos.

We’ll get single-day tix on sale momentarily. But I sure can’t imagine missing any day of this year’s festival… :wink:

Cheers,
Brian

Brian I LOVE YOU!!!

meant in a Brothly way !
:cheers

ME TOO ~ I LOVE YOU BRIAN!!!
~ Take it any way you want to, lol…
:lol

Do I smell a Greensky / Railroad Earth Sheridan Nightgrass in the works…???
crossing fingers & toes!

:clap

Great job Brian.
Are the acts listed in the oredr they will appear? We can’t wait to get to our first TBF! Again, great job! :thumbsup

awesome!
that works progress administration sounds spectacular! glen phillips is amazing, and sean and sara from nickel creek will be a treat. i hadn’t seen them since merlefest 2004… that would be cool if they could find a way to pick a few with chris thile and maybe have a little nickel creek revision…
also, three girls and their buddy is gonna be great too! i have yet to see that arrangement, but i’ve heard good things about them… anything with emmylou has got to be quality!
well, my bday is tomorrow, and this is some awesome news for the bday-eve day!
woooooo!!! great additions telluride!

WOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOO is all I have to say :slight_smile:
:cheers :cheers :cheers :medal :medal :medal :cheers :cheers :cheers

You speak for all of us. :slight_smile:

Yippy yippy yippy !

Double Emmylou :woohoo :woohoo :woohoo

OK so I’m am so excited and want to rush out and get all the new CD’s for the lineup…
OR do I save that first listen for Tride… hummmm…I miss dinner break… too many good bands and no time fer break… :cheers

OK so all we need now is just one over the top, kick butt, Pale Ale :medal

“OK so I’m am so excited and want to rush out and get all the new CD’s for the lineup”

Piece of advice, start tucking away a few $$$ for CD’s, One thing that is FANTASTIC with the Merch tent is they have current (and in many cases much of the backlog) of ALL the bands at the festival, hell they had Drew emmitt’s new CD 2 weeks before it was released (My hats off to the TBF Merch Crew coordinating all that with the respective bands).

I scooped up 4-5 more disks from bands I had never seen but fell in love with down there (Including some stuff I had a hard time finding on my own ie Telluride Alive at 25 disk)

Plus, they do a pretty good job of updating the "Who is signing Autographs’ list during the days, if your willing to keep a poster with you (I collect Concert art work as a hobby) you can come away with a pretty sweet momento from the weekend, I got mine framed up after the fact and it has 25+ signatures including all of Yonder, The Duhks, Uncle Earl, Salmon, Jerry Douglas, Bela, etc (Tip, a hard tube and a plastic bag and your money!)

God just talking about it gets me excited to be down their!!!
:thumbsup

YEEEHAAAAW!!!
Well done!!! :cheers

They’re generally listed in reverse order.
In other words, the first band listed for the day is the last band to play that night and the last band listed opens that day. :cheers

:flower

:oconnor :hop :hop :hop What they said :hop :hop :hop :oconnor

:peace

Whoa - that is a whole lot-o-talent!

http://www.websmileys.com/sm/crazy/1261.gif

Just speechless, overwhelmed with excitement…perhaps I can just set up my own porta potty so I will not miss a beat… :lol

Thanks Tom.
Now, what time does everyone begin showing up @ Smugglers for the birthday party Tuesday? :cheers

Hey landshark, ever hear of “depends”? :eek

:lol :eek :lol

Monday night :lol :lol :lol just kidding :flower

Yep I am gonna save my ears and $$$$ for TBF… :sunshine :horsey I want to leave NOW!!