Shout out: where ya from?

I take you all don’t know any cyclists. I think a very wise man once said something like ‘with every uphill there is a way down and usually it is on a hill!’ And with this uphill, there just happens to be some “wicked” awesome bluegrass at the end. :thumbsup I’m going to start somewhere around Denver. Eat, sleep, ride, the Great Divide. (the drink part was impicit) :cheers

hahah, are you a member of the “we say wicked” club too?? Nice!

I am new to the forum ansd will be making my first visit to Telluride in 2008.
My name is Glen and live in Toronto, Canada.
Relatively speaking, I am in the north east.
My wife and I are flying to Denver and renting a car to drive to Telluride.
We have never been to Colorado and want to see some of the state on the way down.
Glen

I second that! That’s how I got there . . . saw about . . . oh… thirty elk! maybe you didn’t want to hear that . . . don’t worry. They weren’t near the road.

thought I’d update this post with a pic of those elk . . .

http://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s60/sawadoodle/DrivetoMontrose004.jpg

I hail from Monmouth Maine

I currently reside in Fort Collins, Colorado.

I’m going to New Belgium this afternoon to pick up a couple growlah’s and drink my four free sample beers.

But yeah, I miss Maine. :lol

calling all geeese! calling all geese! hey goose, anything happening in/around your area I should know about??

:wave Western Mass-hole here . I am so ready for TBF 2008. Happy new year all!

where in western mass? any friends in hatfield? my first college roomie is from there . . .

Montpelier, Vermont here! :wave

Attended my first TBF back in 2001, and then did 2002, 2003, and 2004 as well. I haven’t had a chance to get back there since 2004 but we’re going this year for sure!! Cannot wait…Telluride is one of my favorite places on the planet (so far). Right up there with Kalalau Beach and the Zion Narrows. :thumbsup

We were lucky and got all of the Nightgrass tickets we want. But, we’re still looking for a couple Town Parks to complete the package. I’m hopeful.

For folks asking about flights, we’ve always flown into Grand Junction and drove from there. It’s a nice town for getting all of the supplies ready, since there’s an REI and some huge supermarkets. But, I think this year we’ll likely try to get into Montrose. The flights are pretty inexpensive and it’s half the distance to Telluride compared to Grand Junction.

Cheers y’all!!! :cheers
Jeff

Town Parks FOUND! It’s on. :cheers

WOOO HOOOO!!! glad to hear it!! when are you arriving???

Hey, I’m from Boston/DownEast Maine, but I’ve been living out in Colorado for the last 5 years… sadly missed Telluride this year and I am CURRENTLY missing Rockygrass again for work related reasons… but I will be coming home to Maine the first two weeks of August-- anyone from the area know anything pickin around there around then??
Headin home for a lobsta fishaman’s wedding, which should be wicked fun and tasty but I wouldn’t mind catchin a little music while Im home… anyone?