Shout out: where ya from?

hey wyeknot108,

I’m up around you (Southern Maine) and was curious when you go about buying your plane tickets to ensure the cheapest price, or from what carrier, or to which airport, etc. Sounds like you’ve had many trips to Telluride, so any advice you could give would be great!

Sarah

There’s no easy answer. I always depart Logan and have arrived in: Telluride, Montrose, Grand Junction, Durango, and Denver. They all have various drive times post-arrival with Telluride clocking at a mere 10 minutes and Denver logging 6-7 hours.

And price just fluctuates a lot year-to-year and week-to-week. Monitoring a site like kayak.com helps.

Good luck!

Matt

Found a flight from Boston (directly to denver) to Montrose for $311. Pretty good!

That is as good as you can get - nice work!!! :thumbsup

And Montrose->Telluride is just over an hours drive. Good time to pick up provisions on the way unless you’re taking the shuttle.

Matt

thanks, I try . . . any good bluegrass shows coming up around us?

Not that I know of. I’ll try to post here when I get word.

Matt

Where are all the Northeasters??? There must be more of us out there!

Hey Sarah,

You’ve got one down here in DC (though this could technically be the Mid Atlantic).

Bill

woo hooo! close enough…

haha, you wouldn’t be “forumming” while at work now would you???

Hey Sarah,

Actually I was at home today and called into the blah blah blah. I saw Sam Bush rip it up last night and, of course, I was ripped up as well.

Got to say that your enthusiasm for Telluride is AWESOME! I can’t wait for you to experience it first hand.

Bill

I can’t wait either! when the heck is Sammy gonna get his butt up here??? sheesh . . .

ok, no one from the northeast has joined in the last three weeks? what’s with that?

:wave

Hey ! I basically just lurk on the site, but I’m always here! (kinda scary :huh)
Apparently there just isn’t many coming from the N.E. area ~ bummer for them. We’re camping in Lawson too, so hopefully we’ll have a cocktail or two!! See ya in 40days!

:cheers

Missy & Scotto

Nice to ‘meet’ ya!

Hey! New Englander here. Western Mass actually. :thumbsup Go Sox! Any road bikers out there?

Hey Goose! welcome to the Forum! western mass ay? been through there many a times . . . . mostly on my way to shows at the tweeter center :wink: Go Sox!

So, I’ve been looking around for other cyclists headed for the festival. Have you all seen or heard of anyone going by bike? :flower I love these emoticons!

Haven’t heard of anyone, myself. Wouldn’t you have to get started like today?!?! :wink:

If you do it, upon arriveal you’ll get a prize: :medal

and a drink: :cheers

Matt

wow…cycling from western mass? and I thought I was cool taking spinning classes twice a week . . . . good luck with that! make that two drinks!

Well, Okay Lance… First of all, I’m NOT riding, but am curious…

Where you thinking of as a starting point before you head STRAIGHT UP HILL?