Searching for camper locations

Good day Festival people,
My sweetheart and her friend are coming to Colorado next week for some time. I’m taking them to their first Bluegrass. Normally I would sleep in my truck, but the three of us cannot do this. I am considering renting a 21’ camper and finding a camp over there. I’ve checked out the forest service camping and it’s unlikely we will get a spot. Do you have or know of someone or somewhere up on any of the mesas where we could base ourselves? Thankfully!

It’s first come first serve, and only a few spots for camping, that will certainly be filled by Sunday the 11th. But, Wilson Meadows is pretty sweet, and only about 20minute drive/ride into town. But, you won’t be allowed to drive into town. There won’t be any park options or paid RV camping within an hour’s drive, dispersed Nat Forest will be all there is, and it won’t be convenient to get to town.

Someone offered up their land for free camping in the Lodging section of this forum. Maybe check this out?

https://festivarian.com/t/free-camping-close-to-telluride/35102

1 Like

I was thinking about Wilson. I do like it up there, I wasn’t sure of the rules on camper trailers

Thanks Skubies! I just texted him