Rumballs!!!

Yeah, the thing is that when DST starts and the weather gets nice, I no longer wish to work a full-time job. I only wish to do everything related to the Telluride Bluegrass Festival. And I wish to do it all RIGHT NOW. I feel like a kid waiting for Christmas. :hop

I agree, and the music is better!

Hope Lin :pickin

Daniela says “RIGHT NOW” whenever she’s very excited about something that is occuring sometime in the semi-near future that she wants to happen sooner. She’s not known for her patience when it comes to having fun.

What??? You’ve never attended Rum-Balls? Man! Rum-Balls is one of the biggest get-to-gethers in Town Park. And one of the longest lasting traditions. A group of people get together and fill a big cooler with pieces of fruit and then pour tons of rum in. Let the delicious and potent concoction soak over night and then shout RUM-BALLS!! throughtout the campgrund the evening before the festival begins. People come running… Even Craig, part-owner of The Planet, graces (and lectures) us with his presence. But be warned… try not to consume more than two or three dixie-cup-fulls… the balls gotta kick… Be there or be un-sociable.

Kaptain Karlos :thumbsup RUMMMMM-BAAAAAALLLZZ!!!

They’re not just soaked overnight. They start making them on Monday around noon, and soak until Wednesday evening. :cheers

Hey! what’s in that little cup you’re holding in your picture???

Kaptain Karlos :clap

Like Daniela, I am losing my patience. I, too, want some runballs RIGHT NOW! Guess the Irish car bombs I’m going to drink later this afternoon will suffice. I’ll raise one in toast to Town Park! I can’t wait to see all of you again… and to drink heavily with all of you again:)

Michelle

:sunshine
I thought about creating a new thread for this one but decided not to. I have been tweaking code this morning :geek, cleaning up the tags, and have an announcement to make… :flower :flower

:hop The Countdown to Rumballs slide show is back :hop

It runs a bit over 2 minutes and will only fuel the ABGAT fever that has already begun. :wave

Find the countdown page here:
http://www.llamaman.com/telluride/countdown.html

I have tested it on my Mac OS X running these browsers:
Firefox 2.0.0.2
Safari 1.3.2
Netscape 7.2

It works fine on these browsers.

The entire show is a bit over two megs so those of you on dial up might want to let it run through until all the images are cached.

Now I think I’ll go sit on my festival chair, crack the last of my peach shine and watch the cars go by while listening the the TBF house band from 2005…

:drunk HAPPY SAINT PATTYS DAY :drunk

YAY!!! I just checked it out… great job, Jerry… Now I am truly inspried to get out there and start drinking… it is , afterall, a drinking holiday:) Enjoy!

Cheers!

In Peace,
Michelle

Cool slideshow! Thanks for the countdown! :thumbsup

Hope Lin :pickin

OH my god!!! I had many 16 oz cups worth of rumballs. I think the Jackson Holes like to see how much the Rum Ball Band (officially known as the Not the Boom Chicks last year) can drink. All I know is that Will and I ended up in the freebox fashion show and won second place…I slept in my hammock last year and found myself falling out of it many times that night and laughing my butt off. Hmmm, maybe someone put something else in one of my drinks…hmmmm :cheers

Joey

I’m a rumball virgin! Can’t wait! So, everybody brings their favorite brand of rum and a bag full of soakin’ fruit and throws it in? What if I don’t get there till Tuesday night, will that be in enough time to add to the mix? It sounds just delightful! I’m ready for one, Karlos!!

Yup…Just come on by and we’ll toss it into the mix for you and get ready to Rum Ball on wednesday evening at 6pm… :drunk :drunk

Wasn’t there something about Tom in a tree?

It’s been covered pretty well in this thread already Court… But nothing like a little more razzing for the mayor. The high profile mayor deserves high profile praise and lots of gentle ribbing :lol :lol

:flower

Aaaahhhhh… a RUM-BALLS! virgin… I can hardly wait. :evil

You need not bring a thing to the RUM-BALLS! event. A group of Town Park campers puts the concoction together and invites everyone and anyone in ears-shot over. I bet they would appreciate a bottle of rum though. And, even some help balling the fruit (don’t think dirty). HINT: keep and eye on Telluride Tom at this event… he’s usually in prime-form… along with the rest of us.

Kaptain Karlos

Yeah gotta be careful with the Rumballs you might end up wearing a white see through victoria secrets long nightgown and a red thong at the freebox fashion show later … :evil

Im glad there are no pictures on the internet !!!

[quote author=Ron N Deb link=topic=219.msg1872#msg1872 date=1174450446]
Yeah gotta be careful with the Rumballs you might end up wearing a white see through victoria secrets long nightgown and a red thong at the freebox fashion show later … :evil

Im glad there are no pictures on the internet !!!

Is that a challenge ???

Ohh Geez Debbie PLEASE NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

I will do anything
!!!

:evil :evil :evil