Pre-festival/Festival Activities 2008

EJ wins the prize for being the first to spot it.
Here’s your prize. :medal

Sorry James but the story has to be told and I was there. James was going to arrive late so he sent his tent in advance to the Greens of Wander’in. Good friends set up tents for late arrivals. The problem was he took it to a packing place and they packed it with tons of Styrofoam popcorn. When the Greens opened it in their living room, good campers that they are, popcorn was everywhere.

As ABGAT week progressed, and we began to strategize a payback, the idea of filling his tent with balloons became our mission. I think I bought every pack of balloons at the hardware store. It was a mean Green avenging machine. So needless to say, when James arrived in the middle of the night, we held our breath with anticipation. That was my virgin year and to be part of it, well it was an honor. History in the making. I love the Greens and their evil ways.

So began the original balloon massacre. The second masacre was the Great Green Saran Wrap Caper. Can’t find the picture.

Anyway, you haven’t lived until you’ve heard the song. Your mission, find the elusive James Buchannan and request the Balloon Massacre. Actually, I think Arlo should hear it for sure.

Too Late. You’re SUNK!

Auntie Hope :pickin :green

Do not believe Courtney’s version of this. One thing we all agree upon is that at Telluride truth is always in the song. I have the song thus I have the TRUTH (with new insights into this terrible, terrible tragedy and its aftermath prepared for the upcoming festivities)

AHA !!! CAUGHT IN THE ACT :evil

James, You know it’s only because we love you and are jealous of your incredible talent. I was just there after the fact — I swear. :evil

Like the song, the camera doesn’t lie!!! :evil :evil :evil

James, face it…
if it weren’t for most of us you wouldn’t have inspiration for some of your songs. :flower

The motley muses :wave

I’ll save you Courtness!!! :flower

Truth is in the camera… And who is that guy holding the Saran Wrap??? :eek

And then there was this …

OMG !!!
you really are the EJ !
taking advantadge of that poor sweet Lady
your nick should be EB …
Love you Bro

Question…hows the Bugs …
Pls call me

The truth behind this picture is that Kyung is literally being sucked into the Vortex of Evil that surrounded the RV (yes that is You All) and I (the hero of the story) am using every ounce of strength to save her from a fate worse than death - becoming one of the Balloon Gestapo.

James,
We love you ! Just listened to Packing for first time this year and it made me cry… I don’t cry easy either…

OK folks, it seems there’s no more additions or changes to the schedule. :wink:

Print out the 2008 Activities Schedule and bring it with you so you don’t miss anything. :flower

Of course, Camp Flamingo makes a late and DRAMATIC addition to the schedule… with our annual events all consolidated into one big extravaganza… I am proud to announce the Camp Flamingo:
:jesterMARDIFIESTALOHA :hombre
Festival Saturday, the 21st, at Noon

WORLD FAMOUS CAMP FLAMINGO MAI TAIS

THE TOWNPARK FLAMINGOSINGERS RENDITION OF:
LET’S TALK DIRTY IN HAWAAIAN

MARGARITAS!!![center]

[center]THE SLAYING OF THE FLAMINGO PINATA!!!

MARDI GRAS BEADS! YOU KNOW HOW TO GET THEM!!
GET LEI-ED BY THE FLAMINGANS!!!
PRIZE FOR THE COSTUME BEST REPRESENTING THE TRUE SPIRIT OF “MARDIFIESTALOHA!”
TROPHIES AND PRIZES FOR “FLAMINGO SLAYER 2008”
FUN FOR ALL!!! [center]

[center]KIDS N\A “TAI-DAIs”

We realize that this is all during the music, but we are committed to continuing our annual event to include those who arrive later to Festival.
SO…Let the Good Times Roll, Mahalo, and Hasta Luego!!!

Sounds like a blast Michelle…

Anyone making activity laminates this year?

Thanks for the info. Hope to see you for Bloody Maries on Wednesday.

Oh My Gosh!!!
My Crown as Flamingo Slayer is up for grabs??? (insert Pink Flamingo smiley here) Hmmmmmm!!!

I’m gonna start practicing my drunken swinging! :drunk

all hale Connie the reigning Flamingo Slayer!! :rock