Pre-Fest Town Park festivities!

Works, and we’re probably looking more at 6pm for Fish Fry

It’s set for 6pm Mountain. You’re probably seeing it in Central time given your current location.

Damn sneaky mountain time, when are we going to end this time zone madness!

Hey man there’s nothing wrong with time zones. I sure don’t want to be the person who has to deal with the sun coming up at 2 in the morning. Daylight savings time on the other hand can bugger off.

Pretty sure Gnome is doing to Strings and Wings on Monday. Not sure if Nate is around to confirm. And no dance party?

This is going to be my first festival and was planning on arriving Saturday to get the full experience. Are these festivities open to whoever wants to partake? Also, I’ll be at Mary E campground so will I have access to Town Park?

You’ll have access till Wednesday.

Yes and yes! Consider bringing a few bucks to throw in the respective tip jars (these events are funded up front by the good people who put them on) and of course your festive self. Lots of us got our start down in Mary E and found life-long friends at these TP festivities.

Sounds good and I can’t wait.

Just saw on the bookfaces that Hulaganz are in for some Sunday Ramen post goddess walk again! Added to the calendar and realized it’s only 61 days away!!

Yay! 56 days till we pack the truck!

Oh geez, that’s close! And we gotta do it even sooner with super planning. Going camping in south Texas, then to Telluride, and then to Maryland. All in one trip. May be like when we went to Vancouver after tride and had to change the oil before we left AND during the trip. Practicing for that drive to Alaska one day. lol

Random question - newbie here. Do we need camping reservations for the pre-fest if we have town park tickets?

You’re covered! Included in your TP pass is camping from when planet bluegrass officially takes over Town Park Saturday the 11th in the AM.

Sweet! Thank you so much. I’m so excited to finally be going ha ha!

It was suggested we consolidate all of the events in one spot so here it is! I also updated one of the original posts in this thread for clarity.

Here are 2022’s scheduled events all in one place:

2022 Events Calendar:
Calendar of scheduled Town Park Events
No Google log in required version
iCal Version

A list of threads for each event:
Barbosa BBQ Sunday June 12 Noon-2pm (or until sold out)
Bloody Mary Monday Monday June 13 10am-Noon (there are still some donation needs here!)
Grilled Cheese Spectacular Monday June 13 Noonish
Tot Tuesday Tuesday June 14 10-11:59am
Beer Share Tuesday June 14 11:59-2pm

Of course there are plenty of events without their own thread like the Crawfish Boil, Goddess Walk, Tropical Tuesday, Disco Dance Party, Rumballs, etc etc not to mention the whole Run a Muk schedule so subscribe to the calendar above to be updated as the events are solidified. BTW not all events will be on the calendar! So keep an eye out for signs around TP or for loud noises coming from random parts of Town Park.

Getting more excited about this by the day! This’ll be a year to remember!

Shouldn’t we be getting an official weather report from the Mayor soon?

My weather app is looking pretty good!

So funny you mention this, I pinged him about this right as I hit send on my previous post

You’re right, I normally do this in late April so I’m a bit behind in my duties. :wink:

I feel this year is going to be hot and windy so be sure everything is tied down securely.
Night time temps will not be as cold as past years as well, with temps in the mid 40’s.
We might get one mild thunderstorm roll through, but I don’t think it will last long.

Disclosure: I’m not a meteorologist so this is just a prediction. Be prepared for all seasons. :flower

And to add to Telluride Tom’s weather prediction, please please please be mindful of not putting cigs out on the ground. Carry a tin for your BUTTS! we are in drought out here. One road in, one road out of Telluride. Don’t be a litterbug!