Practical First Timer advice please !

Can we plllleeeeease leave now, if we walk really slow we can get there just in time.

I’m all for that :cheers

Well what was that coming out of the sky LAST year? Was that sleet? Snow? Mini-marshmallows? All of the above???

Mr. Mayor Tom, perhaps we could start a thread with 2 lists. One for people who need gear, and the other for people who can bring extra or who would be willing to have stuff drop-shipped to their more local address and delivered to or picked up by the one needing it. Match them up ahead of time and everyone will be covered.

I for one can bring at least one extra tent, tarp(s), several chairs, 1 or 2 tables, and some kitchen gear, as well as an obscene amount of fleece clothing. I also live close enough to Telluride that people could have gear delivered to me, which they could then pick up when they get down this way or I could bring it with me to Tride. I’m less than 2 hours from Telluride so a special “gear delivery” to a specified person in Abgat wouldn’t be out of the question, in case they need it sooner.
Thoughts?

Marshmallows have been known to fall from the sky during particularly good sets, then they are thrown back up and we have a festival wide marshmallow fight, good times :cheers

Jailhouse boys can bring some extra gear, bring stuff shipped to our address or whatever else our new gent might need. Grand Junction is close. Ride if you fli into GJ is possible, Too. We can always make room with two vechiles. Don’t worry about Auntie, she’s always cold(silk inter bag?..TMI). But do be prepared…Boy Scout motto you know! You’re going to have a blast. Tons of folks out there to help make it work.
Jailhouse Rob

I like this idea. I will probably be flying this year (to somewhere close by, but I don’t know where yet) so I won’t be able to pack my van full of everything but the kitchen sink. I’m not really sure how I’m going to pack!

Does anyone know if you can mail supplies to yourself at the T-ride post office?

Tom will probably go down on the 10th or 11th. I will head sown on the 13th. Tom has a pickup and I have a Grand Cherokee. Access to a good trailer, if needed. Have 1/2 of a double car garage for staging. Jailhouse boys will help all in need. The Jailhouse camp is easy to find to pick up your goods. Major, was thinking of going the trailer route this year anyway. Since we added the picking tent, things got a little tight. Also, food, if we are jointing forces for your camps party this year. Haven’t talked to Ron, but leaning toward a mess of my world famous briscut. Threads along these lines might not be a bad idea.
Jailhouse Rob

Better to have a silk sleeping bag liner and be warm than have [i][b]Cot Envy[/b][/i]! :lol

Auntie Hope :festivarian2 :green

I’ve been storing stuff at my place for people (Hey Ron) for years, and bringing it up for ABGAT in my trailer.
I’ve always got room for a few more things as I share tents/sleeping bags/blankets/cooking gear, etc. with all those in need and will continue to do so. :flower
If you need something, let me know… I’ll either have it or know someone who has extra to share. :cheers

General Delivery, Telluride.

I’ll bring the kitchen sink…

:peace

Just don’t forget it this year :-p

THought maybe you had forgot about that COT ENVY thing. Quick! Not this year though. Can't wait to try out my new, off the cold hard ground, cot. Might have to try one of them silk liner things! REI? Jailhouse Rob

From Australia… someone left it behind last year… Pre-T’ride, here at the hostel. I’ll see if there’s a tag and get you any info possible. :thumbsup

High Five to Tommy for me, please!

Auntie Hope :festivarian2 :green

Wow that’s a brilliant idea! this solves pretty much all of my worries regarding surviving Telluride with only my back pack! I definitely agree on the 2 threads idea :slight_smile:
If I could pick stuff up directly at Telluride that would be pretty much perfect… The main issue being that I’ll be on my way for trip through the states just after the festival for a few weeks and carrying that many fleeces just won’t work :wink: So really I’m looking to borrow, rent, or anything that means I won’t have to be carrying it around with me afterwards…
Thanks for the great ideas !

Lalagay

Thanks so much for the enthusiasm and helping hand! It’s all quite daunting as I’ve never done it before and your kind words are definitely reassuring me on the general support from my fellow festivarians…
So you’d advise flying to Grand Junction right? and you think I could probably hitch a ride from there with some other Telluride goers with space in their car? I’m willing to contribute to petrol costs of course, I’m just looking for the best possible option for a solo girl with a backpack coming all the way from the UK :slight_smile:
I will definitely be prepared, I generally over pack for all possible manners of weather so…

Thanks for the advice!

Lalagay

Wow thanks so much ! I wasn’t expecting so much support ! I’m starting to feel welcome already :slight_smile:
This whole sharing idea really appeals to me, it’s exactly what I need regarding the circumstances (I don’t drive, and after the festival I’m going to be starting off on a trip across the states with just my back pack, so I don’t want it to be too heavy…) so I can’t really share material stuff or gear, but I can share my cooking skills and always willing helping hand (I have quite developed DIY skills for a girl :wink: )

So thanks everyone, I really appreciate the support :slight_smile:

Lalagay

You might try posting to the ride thread and see if anyone else is coming from the UK. Perhaps you could carpool with them once you get across the pond, or get some travel advice.
Do you already have your TBF ticket, and if so, what campground will you be in?

Thanks for the advice, I’ll check out the ride thread.
Regarding tickets, I haven’t been able to book yet for several reasons, mainly because I’m waiting on my confirmation from work for the holiday leave I’ve requested…
I started planning at the end of last year and was hoping get a pass for the campground closest to the festival, but unfortunately they’re both sold out ! :frowning:
So now I’m hesitating between the Telluride High School campground and the Lawson Hill campground… the main thing is I want to be as near as possible to the festival and I’m really looking forward to the campground jamming sessions, so I’m worried about Telluride High School being the “quiet” one: what does this mean in reality? I really don’t want to miss out on the whole camping community thing, getting to know people and enjoy the late night jamming…And if I end up going for Lawson Hill, is it a bit of a treck back and forth and what are the shower facilities there?
Also, what’s the situation when it comes to access to the other campgrounds: even if I’m not staying there, will I be able to get in to Town Park for example and hang out with the people there? as it does sound like the place to be… :wink:

Looking forward for more festivarian advice! :slight_smile: