NightGrass Announcements?

^^^^^ OHHHH BOY!!! this is just getting better and better!

OK, I’m still slightly confused by this whole nightgrass ticket thing. Sorry; festivirgin… Where do we actually watch for tickets to go up for sale, and when/how will we know when they do? Is it actually through the TBF site? How much are the all venue passes? I’m volunteering, but I assume they wont be kicking us any nightgrass tix…

Where do we get tix for the kickoff yonder show also? That is separate from the free sunset plaza show, right?

As far as hopefuls, How can we go wrong?! I get to see Greensky up in lyons in a couple weeks :hop but that would be sweet. Really dig some of the Avett Bros stuff, have they ever played in telluride? Drew, RRE, Sam, OCMS, Bela, or any combination there-of will keep me smilin. Trampled would unbelievable! Ooooh, how bout mumford? I heard a recording of them in Australia Doing a smaller venue the other day and the energy sounded amazing!

Mr. Gepetto, just watch the planet bluegrass cite; they should announe the nightgrass onsale soon.

and the avett bros. did play TBF in '07 (if memory serves).

Don’t get me wrong, these all sound like good shows, but do the true luminaries ever show up for Nightgrass? Outside of a wayward Flecktones rumor, I don’t ever see names like Jerry, Sam, Edgar etc., floated for possible Nightgrass spots.

Just wondering… How common are guest appearances from the heavyweights?

The heavy weights do show up from time to time, probably once a year, to sit in on the Nightgrass shows, but let’s remember, these folks have done their time on Nightgrass, for years and years and years. Now, it’s someone else’s turn to burn the midnight oil.

I actually saw Sammy and his wife on the street about midnight Saturday night last year talking to a younger couple. The younger couple were friends and begging Sammy to join them for a Nightgrass appearance. Sammy politely declined saying he was “bushed” (yes, he said bushed :lol) and quite frankly, Sammy looked really tired at that point in the game, and we still had one more festi-day to go, not to mention the House Band was closing the weekend.

Let’s take what the heavy weights can still give us in the late hours and be thrilled there’s now new blood in the canyon ready to play Nightgrass and… well,… you just never know who could show up to play in front of the Town Park Bathhouse or which band might think no one should be sleeping in those Tarp Run waiting lines! Heck, this entire “pork” issue was started because Yonder played alllllllll night and was walking down the main drag at sunrise looking for breakfast!

Auntie Hope :festivarian2 :green

P.S.
I’ll be the first one to admit it if I’m wrong but, I think the Flecktones in Mountain Village is a mis-print and should have read Telluride Town Park.

I was thinking the same thing. After all, they’re playing the second to last slot on Friday night. I wasn’t sure if they would then want to get their equipment over to Mountain Village to do several more hours.

right on, thx doug. I wont be holding my breath for an avett bros appearance - schedule has them in london on the 22nd but…red rocks in july!! know where my next paycheck’s goin!! funny tho, i just saw a youtube video of them at telluride and they werent gettin much love

They didn’t get much love the first two tunes or so because everyone was in shock from the shocking pink jumpsuit. Well in to the show there was tons of lovin’! :thumbsup

My guess is that it will be Railroad Earth, Yonder Mountain, Mumford & Sons, and Punch Brothers at the Sheridan and Trampled by Turtles at Fly Me to the Moon.

hA! awesome :eek punkgrass!

Howdy Brian! :wave

Just curious if we’re any closer to some Nightgrass announcements??

But you know, I was also wondering…how much enjoyment do y’all get around the office seeing us hunt/wish/piece together the lineup possibilities? :lol :lol

I know I love it!

:cheers

still holding…still holding

This is what I heard. :huh

Wednesday @ CC - YMSB

Sheridan:
Thursday - RRE
Friday - YMSB
Saturday - Mumford and Sons
Sunday - Punch Brothers

Possibles for Fly Me To The Moon:
Cornmeal, The Head and The Heart, Infamous Stringdusters, Trampled by Turtles :pickin

:eek

Trampled by turtles will rock Fly me to the Moon! Nothing like a high energy band in that down under basement bar!
I remember a few years back, seeing the Waifs at fly me to the moon.! That kind of band and thatbroom are a great match!

Just saw RRE sunday night in Sioux Falls!!! Talked to a few members of the band and they confirmed they will play the Sheridan on Thursday.

will there be a lottery for these nightgrass shows? caught wind of something like this on another board. has there been in the past?

http://www.archive.org/details/ymsb2007-06-15.flac

Yes, there is a lottery for the coveted All Access Pass. Very limited number of these, and they don’t guarantee access. If you arrive late, you may not be admitted. Tickets go on sale for all the Nightgrass shows at something like 10a.m. MDT, (date TBA) and some sellout quickly, so pay attention if you want some! :cheers Good luck, CYA there!

any word on when nightgrass tix will go on sale?

Wait!!! What about OCMS??? They (and we) would have a down home rockin’ good time at a Nightgrass … Please??

Honey, even if they are not scheduled, there are MANY musicians that sit in on Nightgrass shows. Wouldn’t be Nightgrass if that didn’t happen!!!

Stay Tuned!!!
:concert :pickin :mic :oconnor :budumdum :band

:wave

Dude! I use to live in SuFu. I live in the Black Hills now. Maybe I know you!! :huh