Lawson Hill Camping

For people still wondering, this will be my 4th TBF. I will be driving in with my gf on monday.

Ive never camped at Lawson before but have driven past it many times. The parking lot sits pretty much next to the baseball field so lugging gear should not be a problem.

Also as far as ice goes, at Illium there was an ice truck that would arrive every morning. Im not sure if this is the case at Lawson, but there is a gas station across from the parking lot so that is another option.

If anyone has any last minutes questions I would be happy to answer them. On a side note, Ill have my guitar and mandolin with me looking with people to jam with.

Thanks for the info, we feel much better now.
See you all in less than a week.
Kelly :wave

Hey Daldr, we will be camping at Lawson also, arriving around 6pm Wed. My son and I and he is a killer mando player. We will be looking for lots of jammin time too!!!
Can’t wait!!!

Nice, theres nothing better than trying to get a jam circle going after a day of partaking in the festivarian goodness.

Hey all! Only a few more days! Kelly, I’m glad you had fun at Wakarusa! I had to work, but I heard it was fun :slight_smile: My glass is raised to ya! Ben and I are bringing a couple of “Growlers” from Little Apple Brewery here in Manhattan (maybe even some of their Raspberry Wheat brew, and some Boulevard Wheat out of Kansas City…we’re leaving Manhattan Tuesday afternoon and driving through the night…we’ll get to the campsite around six am Wed. morning, most likely:)

I do have some last minute logistical questions…Ben and I thought it would be fun to bring our bikes so we could ride some days and traverse to the festival grounds…is there a place at the festival to lock our bikes up? When we leave the festival in the evenings, is it hard to bike back in the dark? We’re such newbies :lol

Can’t wait to meet you all…Lawson Hill is going to rock out!!!

Hi Maris

Ooh at Waka-we saw loads of people wearing Boulevard Brewery shirts, we really want to try some.
I’m going to try to bring some growlers of beer. Just have to decide where from.
We are newbies too so we can’t answer the questions about the bikes.
We are going to arrive Thursday afternoon.
We shall see you then! safe journeys.
Kelly

Why yes, there is a place for bikes as there are many. And you can park a bike just about anywhere near the fest as well… Have great time!

Hey all,

I’ve stayed at Lawson every year that I’ve been to TBGF (this will be my fourth!). Here’s some details:

1. There are ice trucks that sell ice. They park just outside the baseball field.
  2. There are plenty of shitters and they do a pretty good job of cleaning them up regularly.
  3. The campsite is right next to the paved bike trail that will lead you all the way into town. It’s pretty flat except right near the end where you’ll encounter a small hill (stand up and get those muscles pumping!). If you are going to be biking back after dark, definitely bring a light of some kind because the trail is pretty dark.
  4. There isn’t really a designated place to lock up bikes at the campsite. However, if you are near the 3rd base line, you can lock it up to the fence. You can also keep it locked up in town and it will be safe overnight.
  5. You can unload your belongings in the parking lot and carry them out to your campsite on the field. Once you’re done, you’ll be directed to park in the dirt lot above the field near where the bus leaves.
  6. There is a coffee shop up the hill from the campsite. Great early morning (read: 9am) coffee! Also, for a couple of years there has been a group of kids selling coffee in the campsite but I’m not sure if they’ll be back this year.
  7. There’s a decent community vibe in Lawson but it can always improve! Let’s try to make Lawson the enviable campsite this year…Anyone up for some microbrew trading? How about some drum circles? I’ll be camping out near third base along the fence line. Look for the New Mexico flag.

Cya there! FESTIVAL!

Definitely we will be the “cool” camp, all the camps will want to be us. :giggle

I wish were going to get there earlier but plans changed. See you all Thursday.
Save us some room!

:wave

I’ll be heading up to Lawson on Wednesday solo. I bartend at Eske’s Brew Pub in Taos, I’ll have growlers to trade and taste for sure! Anyone ever drank Green Chile Beer? We have it and it isn’t for everyone, but everyone should try it! Psyched that there will be fellow New Mexicans in the site. Can’t wait to meet some new heads diggin grass… See you Wednesday!

AHHHHHH Neddy
We love love that Chile Beer from Eske’s!
oooh we are going to have to share some of that.
Can’t wait to see ya’all -

Ned safe drive from Taos.

2 friends and I have tickets to the festival Saturday but don’t yet have any camping. What does everyone think the likelihood of being able to find tickets to this campground (or another place to stay) is?
Thanks!

My boyfriend and I have festival tickets for Saturday and Sunday but need a camping spot. Anyone know of any Lawson Hill Camping tickets for sale? :huh :flower

There people selling lawson tickets over on the buy/sell page http://www.festivarian.com/index.php/topic,21744.0.html