It's time again for your music suggestions...

No promises, save the promise to bring the best music in the world to you all summer…

The question is…who do you think belongs on the Fred Shellman stage in Telluride?

On your mark…get set…GO! :bolt

I’d much rather see the Ed Palermo Big Band play Zappa than Dweezel I think, those guys are tight.

But how about also:

• Mark Johnson and Emory Lester
  • Poor Man’s Whiskey
  • The Biscuit Burners
  1. Emmylou Harris
  2. Aubrey Haynie
  3. Asleep at the Wheel
  4. Paul Simon
  5. Infamous Stringdusters
  6. Greensky Bluegrass
  7. Sweet Sunny South
  8. Railroad Earth

:cheers

Old Crow Medicine show
The Avett Brothers
Wake the Dead

and what they said above :wave

:peace

My Colorado local favorite:

Boulder Acoustic Society!!!

Also:

Robert Earl Keen
Mark Knopfler
Old Crow Medicine Show
Biscuit Burners
Belville Outfit

All of Sparrow Quartet!

The Grascals
Mountain Heart
Rhonda Vincent & The Rage
Special Consensus
Newfound Road

Jim Lauderdale
EmmyLou Harris
Jake Shimabukuro

Auntie Hope :pickin :green :green

I would really love to see the Clumsy Lovers come to Telluride. They put on one hell of a show. The fiddler player is a cross between Natalie McMaster and Sam Bush and she wears just killer boots.

Martin Sexton please…I know he has played there before…but I wasn’t there :frowning:

I know I’ll probably get flamed for this but just have to say it…

BOOM CHICKS!!!

David and Roselyn from New Orleans for a really good Sunday morning set!

Courtney- Have you come them yet- you must!

Yep - They are a staple in the French Quarter - but I haven’t seen them since Katrina, I’ll check with my friends who know them to see if they are back yet. By the way and on the subject, this place is awesome. If you have never been to New Orleans now is the time. I just love it here and am happy every day to be home - even if I am living in an rv in the driveway.

I went out and saw Curley Taylor - now that was some fun Zydeco. Sunpie and the Louisiana Sunspots would be awesome. He’s a park ranger by day, an incredible dancer and rockin’ zydeco accordian player with a great band.

I’m wondering when Boulder Acoustic Society will be in the official line up, it seems like a perfect year for them to be in print. Did they not wow ya at the sound check last year?

[quote author=Courtney link=topic=4647.msg32032#msg32032 date=1223727961]
Yep - They are a staple in the French Quarter - but I haven’t seen them since Katrina, I’ll check with my friends who know them to see if they are back yet.

They have been traveling some but they have had some gigs there. I am on their mailing list… Let me see if I can find the link and I’ll send to you …

Railroad Earth

Foghorn String Band

Railroad Earth

The Mammals

Railroad Earth

Blue Highway

Railroad Earth

Uncle Earl

Railroad Earth

Gillian Welch & David Rawlings

Railroad Earth

I would second Blue Highway

Cornmeal
Hot buttered rum
David Grisman
Railroad Earth
Ralph Stanley
Danny Barnes

I agree it’s time for a Railroad Earth reprise at Telluride.

Also, having seen a rare appearance of the Bad Livers at HSB, I think another rare reunion at Telluride would be great.

Other bands? Hmmm…

Robert Earl Keen
Dry Branch Fire Squad
South Austin Jug Band

There’s more I’m sure, but it’s Monday morning and I’m not firing on all cylinders yet.

Speaking of rare reunions the Desert Rose Band just recently began a reunion tour. It features Chris Hillman (formerly of the Byrds) and Herb Pederson.
The last time they appeared in Telluride was 1986.
:thumbsup

I know it’s probably but a dream but I’d love to see The Reeltime Travelers reunite. Maybe we could at least see Martha though.

:wave - OK you asked for it :lol
I’m really supposed to be cleaning house and yard before winter sets in. Designing a festival from your suggestions is way more fun. Since Craig has several months to make this happen, here is my first pass at the TBF 2009 Telluride Bluegrass Festival Lineup, I’ve used your suggestions and added a few of my own.

:peace

Thursday

Band Contest Winner from 2008
Old Crow Medicine show
Stringdusters
The Mammals
Jake Shimabakuro
Great American Taxi
Wake the Dead
Donna the Buffalo

Friday

The Duhks
Uncle Earl
Avett Brothers
Ralph Stanley
Robert Earl keen
Desert Rose Band
Cornmeal
Railroad Earth

Saturday

Band Contest Finalists
Stairwell Sisters
Emmy Lou
Guy Clark
Dry Branch Fire Squad
BoomChicks
Clumsy Lovers
SIN or NGR reunion
Ed Palermo big band

Sunday

Odetta
Sunpie and the Louisiana Sunspots
Gillian Welch
Grisman
Poor Man’ Whiskey
Sweet Sunny South or Red Knuckles
House Band w Emmy Lou

:cheers :cheers :cheers :cheers :cheers :cheers

:thumbsup Odetta! What an amazing performance at HSB! I was speechless! WoW!!! :flower