Hot Springs & Skinny Dipping

I might be crazy for asking this, but are there any Hot Springs nearby to go swimming? Or will it be warm enough to jump in the creek/river?? I love swimming outside and I’m probably just getting my hopes up, but thought I’d ask!

Kristen

Depends on your standards of close, but I believe Orvis is the closest hot springs nearby at around an hour away.

Adam

The creek or river, umm It is pretty dang cold, and it is possible to be running to strong right now too.
I read something about Co rivers being up to their banks…
But it isn’t like you can swim in it anyway you might get one paw forward before your body starts freezing up…
You jump in reaaaaaal Quick and get the Hades out…Mountain rivers tend to be an experience one grabs the quarters for and just heads to the shower,Oh and there is a community pool there too!
Open for a fee during the festival.
Be careful all the options are dangerous… :eek

there is a natural hot spring in Rico about 45 mins away

Thanks for the info… Too bad nothing seems to be within hiking distance!!

The public pool does sound a little dirty, not like it will be any worse than a natural spring, but who knows you may find me swimming around! :slight_smile:

I can’t wait! It’s going to be 6 days of playtime!!!

Kristen

Kristen,

I posted this answer on another section, but I see you have a question here in this one as well.

Kristen -

There are some hot springs - kinda sorta nearby.

Orvis Hot Springs is up near Ridgway, about 40 miles away from Telluirde.

www.orvishotsprings.com

The other option is Duton Hot Springs, which closer to Telluride, about 30 mile south of Telluride, but somewhat of an expensive option, as the area is necessarily open to the public (you have to rent a cabin to get access to the springs, which can run $500 per person per night and up, trust me, I’ve already looked into it!).

www.duntonhotsprings.com

Ron mentioned a hot spring near Rico, which is where the Dunton Springs are, but I would guess the one Ron is talking about is probably a “public” one, in BLM or National Forest land somewhere. I’ve not been to that one, but I am sure there are people on this board who have been, and could probably tell you more about it.

There is also a public pool in Telluride right close to the festival. I think it’s $4.00, but only open certain times for festivarians during the festival.

If you are lookin’ to get naked and wet, just stop by ol’ camp Run A Muck! We’ll put some water on the stove and when it gets warm, we’ll dump it over you!!!

Hope that helps,

Erndog

:rock :festivarian :horsey
Wet and Nekked in Run a Muck
I think I remember that year
:evil :cheers :evil

"Wet and Nekked in Run a Muck
I think I remember that year "

Wet & Necked in Run A Muck = every year!

Wet & Necked in Run A Muck + plaster = that special year!

Erndog

:eek SHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH !!! Orvis is a secret ! :wink:

whats Orvis?

who has time for hot springs during festival? Oh, wait, that’s after festival…

Thanks for the detailed info Erndog. I don’t think I will be visiting either of those Hot Springs this trip.

I was kind of hoping that there would be some secret Hot Spring, only known to the locals! Anyway, the $2, four minute showers may have to suffice.

Unfortunately, I’m a bit of a shy one. So, I won’t be able to get wet and naked! However, I am sure if y’all set it up, they will come :slight_smile:

Cheers!
Kristen

Shall I post the photos Erndog? I, being one of the original Plaster Caster Sisters, have been entrusted with the sacred duty of keeping the “book of evidence” in a safe place. The funniest group of photos is Nooner and Fran (Lisa) working on YOUR particular casting my friend.

No one should ever have that much fun… Seriously. You are a lucky, lucky man!

xoxo Rhonny

ANYTHING can happen in Town Park.

Lucky Man???

Did you mention large???

Paul its was a joke …lol
:cheers

Hmmm it wasnt that large in the pics we got !
:cheers :evil :cheers

Oh the exquisite temptation to prattle on and on here about the activities of THAT day…

:evil :evil :evil :evil :evil :evil :evil :evil :evil :evil :evil :evil :evil :evil :evil :evil :evil :evil :evil :evil :evil :evil :evil

But I shall refrain because I “Heart” you Erndog!

xoxo Rhonny

Show up for Rumballs on Wednesday at about 4:20 pm.

A few of those for a sea-level newbie, and we’ll see how shy you are!!!

Cheers, and welcome to Telluride!!!

Erndog

Doh! You got me. :lol

What’s with everybody’s ratings being 420. It’s a conspiracy, or is a movement? I want a 420 rating!