Hardly Strictly

They have a partial list up.

http://www.strictlybluegrass.com/

Damn, I wish this wasn’t always during IBMA!! :huh

MC Hammer? :lol well okay then. :eek

LINE-UP FOR HARDLY STRICTLY BLUEGRASS 8 ANNOUNCED
– OVER 60 BANDS ON FIVE STAGES!

San Francisco, Ca – July 29, 2008 - What began as Warren Hellman’s bluegrass fantasy in 2001 as a wonderful gift to the city has now grown into one of the world’s largest and most anticipated festivals for concert goers and musicians alike. Hardly Strictly Bluegrass 8, the FREE festival in Speedway, Marx and Lindley Meadows in Golden Gate Park, will take place on Friday, October 3 – Sunday, October 5. Starting in 2001 with 2 stages and 8 bands, Hardly Strictly Bluegrass quickly grew by leaps and bounds over the next few years. Soon 3 stages quickly turned into 5, and everyone from Willie Nelson to Ralph Stanley to Dolly Parton has graced them. As the talent continues to impress, so do the crowds. Last year’s attendance estimates were a staggering 750,000+ over the three days. In addition to bringing back those who have been with us from day one (such as Steve Earle, Emmylou Harris and Hazel Dickens) - we are excited to welcome new faces to this year’s festival –Robert Plant & Alison Krauss featuring T Bone Burnett, Bad Livers, The Desert Rose Band, Iron & Wine, Pegi Young, Odetta, Bonnie Prince Billy and many more!

For the third year now we will be kicking off the festival early with a very special Friday afternoon performance. We encourage you to join us in the Park on Friday, October 3 starting at 2:30 p.m. for special performances by Robert Plant & Alison Krauss featuring T Bone Burnett, the Jerry Douglas Band and Sharon Little.

It is with great pleasure that we announce the line-up
for this year’s festival.

Earl Scruggs,
Bad Livers
The Gourds
The Desert Rose Band,
Jerry Jeff Walker
Laurie Lewis & the Right Hands,
Emmylou Harris, Hazel Dickens,
The Roan Mountain Hilltoppers,
Gogol Bordello,
The Waybacks,
Robert Plant and Alison Krauss featuring T Bone Burnett,
Iris Dement,
Greg Brown,
Asleep at the Wheel,
The Del McCoury Band,
Peter Rowan Bluegrass Band,
Hot Rize,
Heavy Trash,
Carlene Carter,
Jon Langford’s Skull Orchard featuring Sally Timms and the Burlington Welsh Male Chorus,
Three Girls & Their Buddy,
The Wronglers,
Los Cenzontles featuring Santiago Jimenez,
From the Jayhawks: Mark Olson & Gary Louris,
The Infamous Stringdusters,
Pegi Young,
Dave Alvin & the Guilty Women,
Loudon Wainwright III,
Bonnie Prince Billy,
Mike Farris & the Roseland Rhythm Revue,
Robert Earl Keen,
Darrell Scott Band,
Ralph Stanley & the Clinch Mountain Boys,
Ricky Skaggs & Kentucky Thunder,
Waco Brothers,
Riders in the Sky,
Ben Kweller,
Elvis Costello,
Kevin Welch & Kieran Kane & Fats Kaplin,
Poor Man’s Whiskey,
Moonalice,
Alison Brown Quartet,
Tea Leaf Green,
Red Wine,
Heidi Clare & AtaGallop,
The Opera Dukes,
Steve Earle & the Bluegrass Dukes,
Dry Branch Fire Squad,
John Jorgenson Quintet,
Richard Thompson,
Global Drum Project featuring Mickey Hart & Zakir Hussain,
Nick Lowe,
Iron & Wine,
Tift Merritt,
Samantha Robichaud,
Marty Willson-Piper (of the church) & the Mood Maidens,
Maura O’Connell,
Joe Purdy,
Guy Clark & Verlon Thompson,
Justin Townes Earle,
Bill Evans String Summit with Megan Lynch,
Odetta,
Ruby Jane Smith,
MC Hammer,
The Jerry Douglas Band, Sons & Brothers,
Sharon Little,
The Barefoot Nellies,
Cyndi Harvell and still more to be announced!

MC Hammer??? O.K., not Strictly Bluegrass. Sorry, I forgot. :huh

Auntie Hope :pickin :green

Will there be any “organized” Run-A-Muck activities with the demise of the Campground? :pirate

Camp Run A Muck has never been organized. Strictly a non-union shop. We underpay our kitchen wenches and do not subject ourselves to OSHA requirments.

I’ve got some hotel rooms booked, don’t know how many of our group is interested - lot of folks are either fesitvated out or are just cutting back on expenses (yes, I realize the event is free, but you still have to get there).

Personally, I’d like to go, and I am sure that enthusiasm for the event will increase as the time gets closer.

In lieu of the campground, I figured we could rent a cruise ship and moor it just of the beach. Not much support for that right now, though!

Erndog

Nothing :quote officially :quote organized yet. I’ll be able to focus on it later this month. I have plenty of camp space in BiValve, there is rumor of a tarp runner.

E-mail or PM me and we’ll see what can be arranged.

I’ll be @ HSB for sure. Staying in a hotel somewhere around Union Square, but me and my friend Bruce (who was there last year as well) are totally willing to share tarp run duty.
Bevin

Looks like we will be offering some kind of tarp service at HSB… We will probably provide food and beverage service on one tarp for up to 25 people. Two tarps is a remote possibility, details to follow sometime next week (Sept 4th or so)

:cheers

I think I’m planning on going.

I’m trying to plan public transportation while attending HSB. Thinking that if I knew where the likely entrance to the grounds was I’d be able to pick the best bus/train route to get back and forth to lodging in Pacifica to the south. Any help?

The Hardly strictly website should have instructions for mass transit, soon. This is a VERY good idea for anyone attending parking is REALLY difficult at the festival.

The #28, 29, and 28L muni busses stop at the main gate, the #5 runs along Fulton street and stops at 25th ave which is a short walk to the fest.

That thread is actually over on the Abgat forum Gipper :flower

Folks can also respond here and we’ll keep track…

Er, that’s what I meant

Thanks, Hippie! :wave

Hey Everybody! :wave :wave :wave

Tarp service for the 2008 Hardly Strictly outing is now full up.

We still have a few camping spots open that include tarp service. The campout will be in Novato. We will be able to provide camping Friday, Saturday, and Sunday nights. Food service in camp from Friday dinner to Monday breakfast, and tarp service. Transportation will be provided to and from the festival on Saturday and Sunday.

Send e mail to Karlos: kdavidek@usgs.gov
or Hippie Jerry: hippie@svn.net

To make reservations. We’ll be in touch with all of the participants sometime late next week.

:cheers :cheers :cheers

:wave OK…so my plane arrives at SFO at 10:00am. I will be camping with the Run A Muckers in Novato. I have a mission to go to Ghiradelli Square and have a Hot Fudge Sundae (they make the BEST hot fudge! milk or dark chocolate! I prefer the dark) My plane departs SFO at 5:35pm on Monday…anybody wanna go for a sundae with me either Friday or Monday??? :flower

I’m down a sundae if you are up for Chinese food at House of Nan King… its a SFO tradition for me

Ah…Chinese Foooooooooood! And Theeeen? :bubbles

:lol :lol :lol
Connie,
At first glance I thought you had typed Heen with a T on the front! :lol

THEEEEN!!!