Festivarian Dictionary

It’s been suggested by the Goddess of Mixology, Libations, and other Redundancies (and nobody wants to quibble with someone of her title - let alone me) that I re-post a word introduced over on the bachlorette thread here. It is actually where it belonged in the first place.

Pre-func: (as in pre-funk-shon - verb): The thing you do to fine tune you’re festivation skills in advance of said festivation. In the case of ocean pre-func you, of course have the festival chair, the cool, happy beverage of choice and other treats, and you watch the ocean and every so often jump up and cheer for a bit. Repeat for hours in preparation of many long sunny hours at nearly 9,000 ft. It’s actually been mentioned widely here. Jerry does it in the store while contemplating the perfect chair, Monkey Girl, I believe, does it on the roof and/or in the front yard.

So there you have it Michelle. :wave

festigration: see fextidus: the mass migrations of thousands of festivarians from all points of the compass converging on Planet Bluegrass. best viewed in the minds eye but, if one watches carefully can also be seen via sattellite. :drive :drive :drive :drive :drive :drive :drive :drive :concert

Festovarian: A festivarian of the female persuasion. :flower :flower

Festitude:

1. The firm belief that no matter what challenges face you in life during the year, they will all be rectified by attending the Telluride Bluegrass Festival. :love

2. The air of slight disdain that is used to deal with a commoner when he/she asks you what the Telluride Bluegrass Festival is. This may or may not be accompanied by a rolling of the eyes :rolleyes

I love this one! Light and dark, yin and yang, a word in perfect balance!

keep em’ coming! this thread is great :thumbsup :thumbsup :thumbsup

This from another thread:

Alcafowl - allowing any mind altering beverage to land in the dirt before consumption :lol :lol
also synonymous with alcohol abuse
:cheers

The way it’s spelled it looks like a drunk bird. :lol
Shouldn’t that be “Alcafoul”? :huh

You’ve got a point there Tom!

So would a drunk Flamingo be an “Alco-Fowl?”

xoxo

ahh yes - yet another example of my unintentional twisted typos. Hey :wave at least my typos are creative … even when I don’t know what my fingers are :quote Really :quote doing. :eek

I’m guessin you can only call it alcafowl when you’re in Camp Flamingo…
You have to spell it alcafoul anywheres else.

Even typos can be Heen.

And I see it’s :quote alcA - fowl :quote rather than :quote alcO-fowl :quote

I like it!

xoxo
http://www.telluridetom.com/images/monkey.gif

okay… :huh i don’t get it… why the A in the middle… isn’t it from the word alhohol? (I get the fowl part. )

honest, I am not stupid… maybe just not thinking hard enough today!

LuAnna

alHOhol- a new word from Luanna, meaning what a fellow uses to get a :quote professional :quote woman drunk

like we have been saying… gotta love those typos… (Takes a bow) but now… what about the ALCO or ALCA fowl thing? and is there Alexahol ?

LuAnna

Misdemeanor Alcafoul - dropping or spilling a beer or cocktail. Warning issued, penalty on repeat. :mad :mad :mad :mad :mad :mad

Felony Alcafoul- dropping an entire bottle of Patron, Crown, Absolute, etc. Punishable by an early morning chorus of “So Bad Last Night” (see lyrics on Karaoke thread) :bag :bag :bag :bag :bag :bag

Festurbation

A festering desire to participate in Festivalia exceeding and exuding extreme pleasure to one’s self or helping out a neighbor … … … Uh Huh!

tarptition: one well versed in the art of tarpology!

And … One who is willing and able to fetch near first postions in line for the great the great race every morning to pitch their and those compadres tarpini, tarpony, and other tarpinalia.

And, unselfishly has plan A, B, & C and act together regardless of race officials (goons), other festitarptioners in good mind / body / spirit to accomplish tasks at hand mainly of the tarpy set.

Tarpinalia

Refers to all stuff, spilled and unspillable brought to the tarpini and tarpony. Also refers to stuff left until dark and hard to figured out what belongs to whom cause someone was kind enogh to stack all the chit together, fold up your now wet and dirty tarp move it out of the way and then take friends forward abandoning the original site. :huh

Fieldavarian

Anyone who fields: interviews, camps in fielded designations, cow pasture camper, questions, fly balls, a town parksonian who makes the change to warner field. Active participant in this year’s Warner Field