Edward Sharp & the Magnetic Zeros - No Chairs Needed?

This show sounds like a blast, I’m trying to round up the posse for this one.

:concert

But, I don’t see how PB will be able to keep anyone in their seats. This is gonna be a dancing shama lama ding dong (whatever that is).

People have remained seated for the Wildflower shows I’ve been to. Are there exceptions to this? Will people be confined to dancing in the back/sides? Will seats even be put out?

We are going to try to respond to your rallying cry my man. It would help if you could bust your daughter for something and ground her that night so she can babysit our kids instead of those plans of her’s though. C’mon now, do it for the team man!

Man you’re bad Brian! If only she weren’t such a good kid…

Actually I got all fired up about this show before I knew it was homecoming night. Maybe we’ll come to the show a little late.

LandShark - Have fun, if we go, It’d be great to meet and say :wave and :cheers

Well we really like having her for a babysitter precisely because she is such a good kid. I’m talking about completely trumped up zero tolerance stuff here. Something like she didn’t tie her shoes tight enough or you don’t like her ring tone. Be creative! Think outside the box! We can’t hold out hope for her to actually do something seriously wrong or we may as well just not plan on both of us making this show.

An Edward Sharp write up on JamBase…

http://www.jambase.com/Articles/19256/Edward-Sharpe-and-The-Magnetic-Zeros-08.06/0

If yer not there this Friday, I feel bad for ya, cause they are gonna rock the house ya lil buggers, where ever yer at :lol

So Brush off the bacon from your dancin shoes and get ready… :cheers

In case you missed their performance last Friday night on David Letterman…
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VUBQk_pn_js

I’m there, In, On board, but…

How did I get the bacon on my shoes? :jester

:lol :lol :lol Yer so funny. Got yer attention didn’t I?

Ya know what is so cool about this band. It looks like they could care less if there were 1 or 100 folks enjoying their music. They sing to each other, not the audience. They all look like they really like each other and are enjoying themselves. :thumbsup

You did indeed, sounded like a pretty straight forward rallying cry until I got to the bacon part :wink:

also got my attention that your posts and a couple of mine disappeared from the site? wha happened :huh ( and i was almost a “small member” too)

Yeah, they look like a band that has a good time on stage.

They sure seem like a band built for live playing. They were good on Letterman, but they seemed like they were “behaving” themselves a bit. Looking forward to seeing them get silly and rowdy on Friday!

OHHHH I am so sorry!! Just thought everyone on this forum was getting burntout on my posts. So I thought I would scale back. :eek

Yeah I really do not like to watch letterman. Ever since Steve Martin played Banjo on that show. Letterman did an interview right after his set and he was just so disrespectful of Steve’s ability. The irritating line went something like this “So Steve, what else can ya do?” and he slid into someother jibberish… just was not cool for not expanding on what Steve was trying to do, expand his image other than being funny. Same with Sammy Bush. Just did not think it was a good showing of his full spectrum of talent.

This is the BEST part about the bands that you see in The Wildflower Pavilion, we love to be there and so do the fine folks on stage. Craig and all of the staff just know how to create that great vibe, feelin free, feelin like me, grovey sunday afternoon kinda feel.

Lookin forward to Friday ! So how can I spot you guys to say Hey! :flower

While watching that Letterman vid I was reminded a lot of Poi Dog Pondering. Both musically and because they were making their network debut on Letterman.

I was lucky enough to be marginally acquainted with some of the members of Poi Dog and after they were on Letterman (it might have been the Tonight show but I think it was Letterman) for their network debut I asked what it was like. They said it was very much like going to work or a job or something to the effect that the atmosphere was such that they expected you to do your thing, do it well, and don’t stray from the script.

Could anyone make out what was written on Zero’s guitarists back in blue tape in that vid?

Anyway looking forward to the show since we have a babysitter!

Naw, no one gets burnt out on your posts - you’re the straw that stirs the drink on this here forum! :woohoo

Lookin forward to Friday ! So how can I spot you guys to say Hey! :flower

Well, since you made the local paper, we know what you look like, so we’ll be scouting for ya.

Brian’s the photographer, maybe he can post a pic of our mugs.

:lol :lol Really that was a pretty bad photo of me with my face all squished up with that humungous grin. :lol :lol But yeah, a tall grinnen curly haired blonde it is.

Hubby is in Alaska now so I will be solo.

Hope to meet all of ya on Friday. I just brushed the Bacon off my dancin shoes so I guess I’m good ta go. :flower

AHWWWW that was nice, shucks. :flower

Alright, I changed my profile to display a photo that my 5 year old took at folks this year and here is a photo of Sap (aka Bob) from folks last year. I probably have a better picture of Bob and I know I have more interesting pictures of Bob but this is probably sufficient for ID purposes. He will also likely be wearing a track suit very much like Natalie MacMaster’s from last year’s RG.

While it is unlikely that we will have shadows covering our faces tomorrow night it will be dark so these pics should make you squint thus simulating the expected environment. (Actually I just don’t have time right now to find better pictures.)

Landshark, we will be on the lookout for the happy mandolin holding woman hanging out with Darrell Scott. If that doesn’t pan out we will look for the laid back cartoon shark wearing shades.

If these pics don’t help just look for the smiling dancing people with beers.