Cornmeal in Des Moines, IA

03/05/11 Cornmeal in | Des Moines, IA | People’s Court | Tickets
Time: 8:00pm.
Admission: $12.00 adv / $15.00 dos.
Age restrictions: 21+.
Address: 216 Court Ave.

You can bet I’ll be there!

:woohoo :woohoo :woohoo

:concert I’m thinkin’ of making this “pert near 100 days to FESTIVAAAAL!”, Heartlander warm-up/meet&greet/shindig a reality! Sounds like the Iowegians are in either way, and if Heidi is in, let’s make it happen! Does ne1 think it’ll sell out so we should commit the $$ now? (weather always an unpredictable issue)

I’m in! Useless in? Heidi? B-Bill? (carpooling is fine idea!)

I don’t think a sell out will be an issue. People’s holds a pretty big crowd. As it gets closer, I will call People’s and see if they are getting close to selling it out and I’ll keep you all posted.

It sure would be fun to see you all! :smiley:

I’ll plan on being there, of course weather pending…I’ll know more as time gets closer.
Still, I can’t wait for summer :cheers

:medal :thumbsup :cheers Nice BB!

6/15/11 Firstgrass FULL MOON to kick off Festivaaal!

:sunshine ahhhhh summer…:drive…gotta believe the drifts will be melting soon… :sick

:wave Festiminnesnowvarians have implemented PLAN A for our 100 DAYS to TBF prefest Cornmeal roadtrip. Looking for all y’all to come meet up with us @ http://www.raccoonbrew.com/ (next to our hotel) for activities to be implemented by our next plan. Who’s in? :cheers

WOOT! Count me in. What time are we planning on meeting? The show starts at 8 so do we say 5-6? I know I will want to grab some grub before the show. What does everyone else think?

I’m in for one, & a couple of DM locals will meet us there. I say 5ish - don’t want to ‘rush’ the meet & greet - maybe a reservation under TBF (or something more creative!) when we get closer & have a headcount?? :fish
:cheers

Checking this forum when I should be working is the highlight of my day.

When I saw this my heart sank! It has been a somewhat of a tradition to go and see Umphreys McGee when they come to First Ave with all of my best friends… This happens to be the same weekend Cornmeal is playing at People’s. Really bummed, but seeing them in the mountains at Telluride will make everything ok haha! Do tell how the show goes though, I always hope for a nice Animals cover haha.

5 O’Clock at the Raccoon River Brewing Company sounds PERFECT!

I am in for sure! My husband (iabluegrassboy) will be working that night until 10 PM (?) but he’ll meet us for the show for sure.

I am checking with 3 other friends to see if they are going to make it for the pre-party. Sounds like Bluegrass Bill, Swander, Heidi and Mr. T. are all in?! :thumbsup Anyone hear from UJ?

:wave :wave Sorry to say gang, we are out on this one. Kim (Jo) will be only two days removed from her last chemo treatmennt so she will be feeling pretty puny. The goal is to completly healthy for our arrival @ TBF on June 12th. I would be shirking my responsibility though if I did not report…

[b]19 days to Cornmeal in Des Moines

and

118 days till we arrive in Telluride![/b]

:flower The only thing I heard you say was “last treatment”. Toasts and prayers for JoKim’s battles will kick off our 100 Days to Telluride fest. :flower

Thanks again for counting it down, Useless, see you @ the RANGER tent! :cheers

Thanks for the positive vibes. You are really piling up the Rangers my friend! :cheers
We cant wait to meet all of you heartlanders in…how many days?
Depending on when all of the heartlanders are arriving, we could set up a “Heartlandville” section in TP! We need to at least meet at Smugglers!

Holy Heat Wave Batman!

Anyone else enjoying the Weather were having as of late? hopefully we have awesome weather for the concert too. How many days now guys?!?!?!

We’re sorry not to see you in a few weeks, but I am with swander on this one – Such great news to hear “LAST” treatment. Lots of love to you two. I guarantee we will make up for it in T-ride!

On another note, we just heard from a local brewery that they will be bottleing two of our favorite beers again asoon - Blonde Fatale and their Hefe! Brewery is called Peae Tree - We’ll bring some for the whole heartland gang in celebration of life and BLUEGRASS!!!

To follow up about tix to this show - they are on sale now through www.midwestix.com for $12. They are $15 at the door, so one might think that you should get your ticket now! However, when you proceed to checkout and buy your tix, there is fee of $4.30 some cents.

I don’t think the show will sell out, but to be safe, I am going to make sure I am there a bit early to judge the crowd.

Now that UJ and Kim are out, who does that leave for the Raccoon River Brewin Co. Meet & Greet?

I’m riding w/swander from Minny -2 DM friends are in for meet & greet - they already got me a ticket! So, 3 for me as of now - maybe 1 more. 8-12"of snow expected tomorrow - I need a Cornmeal break - Can’t Wait!! :fish

:bash :band :bash :concert

CORNMEAL BREAK is sounding better with every scoop of this damn shovel. Thinking I’ll just wait to buy tickets when we get there. Not sure yet who’s coming along. First thing we do when we pull into town. :cheers

Jury still out on this show for me, but looking better…8+ hour drive
Hope to see everyone there…Will this show be a sellout?