Checking in, Who all is staying at Mary E Illium campground?

:waveThis is kind of an early roll call for the Mary E. Illuim campground. :wave

If you would like to take a minute to introduce yourself. :festivarian
Who are you, where are you from, and how many times have you been to the bluegrass festival. :festivarian2

Hello, I’m Ross Lehmkuhler :wave aka Skyrunner. :cheers
I am from western Nebraska, so it’s only a short 10 1/2 hour drive.
This makes the eighth year I have attended, and 7 years of volunteer servitude at the Illium campground welcome tent . :welcome
The camp I stay with is camp “Sunny side up”. :concert

We are Todd and Monica Gunter. First timers. Looking to have fun listening to the best bluegrass. We be from Northeastern Oklahoma. :wave

:cheers :flower :lol

Hi! My name is Becky! My cousin and I will be staying in Mary E. Ilium campground. We are 2 Colorado ladies and musicians too. Only problem is can’t seem to track down a vehicle pass for the area. That’s the only ticket we need. If you can help a fellow neighbor out that would be great!

Hope to meet you all soon.

Peace,

Becky & Jenny

Welcome all new people. :cheers Looks like it’s going to be a great year. If you have any questions, don’t be afraid to ask. I wouldn’t worry that much about a vehicle pass Becky. Keep an eye out here on the forum. There is also a chance of finding a pass when you get there also. The welcome tent as also been known to have a couple of passes, just in case…But NO promises. :slight_smile:

Hi! Vermont, Minnesota, and Virginia coming to Telluride for the first time! So Excited. Camping at Mary E Illium.
If we want to get a tarp ticket how do we get to festival site early in the morning? No cars, right? Too dangerous to walk down? When do shuttles start running in the am?
Thanks so much for the help and looking forward to meeting you and experiencing a great festival!!

:wave Forgot to add we’ll be arriving Saturday pre-festy. We are not the best by any means, but we’ll be bringing a few instruments for camp jams. We also hope to be doing some in camp craft beer shares and swaps too. We’ll be participating in the TP beer meet-up on Tuesday at noon. But were hoping to have some beer swaps, shares in Ilium too. What does Wednesday afternoon/evening pre First Grass look like for others schedules?? We’ll be bringing Oklahoma Craft Brewery selections. Obviously can’t tell you now where we’ll be set up at, but look for the giant psychedelic “Indian Warrior” tapestry, and that will be us. Can’t wait to meet everyone, and get our FESTIVAAAAAAL on! :cheers

Hi fellow music lovers!! My mom and I are first timers this year from Utah. We’ll be arriving Wednesday morning to set up camp at Mary E. So excited to experience the festival and all the great people that will be there!

22 days and counting :cheers

Hi, Folks!!

We’re Kate and Brian, showing up to Mary E. close to midnight on Tuesday evening. Brian’s from Seattle but been in Denver for 10 years and I’m from Alabama (& Mississippi & Louisiana & Tennesse) and have been in Denver for 3 years this July. We’re both first timers to TBF. While we won’t have any instruments (neither of us is lucky enough to be musically inclined), we do love a good jam sesh (obviously) at camp. Planning on bringing a bunch of good craft brews for the swap and hoping to camp near psychedelic warrior that is ToddG.

Looking forward to great times and great jams with great people, and a little biking thrown in between.

Question for all - when will we know the schedule for each day? Trying to plan out some rides if we can.

Thanks!

The daily schedule is up! :cheers :cheers

In exactly two weeks we’ll be pulling out of the driveway and heading west!!! If we weren’t seeing Roger Waters next week, I’d wish we were leaving now! Hurry up and wait! Except for food, we are already packed and organized!

Looks like great minds think alike. :cheers I will be at that same show on the third. :pickin I have also started pulling out all my festi gear. Checking it all out making a list and checking it twice. The next thing on the list to finish is the hot water system for the shower, and the flag poles…Can’t forget the flag poles.

Skyrunner, what do you use for flag poles? In the past we’ve made pvc poles, but they always are a bit bendy.

I bought a couple of aluminum replacement tent poles from Cabelas. There only 7 feet long. So I attach them to the side poles on my awning.

Skyrunner, that sounds much better than pvc! Thanks for the tip!

These are good as well for tailgate type spots. Might be difficult at the campground and certainly not allowed inside the festival :slight_smile:

https://www.collegeflagsandbanners.com/tailgate-flagpole.html

Very cool to see where everyone is coming in from. Getting EXTREMELY excited!!!

you’d be surprised how far up some of those flag poles go! with the gnome rising above!

I love that gnome!!! :cheers

His name is Jerry. Wait until you see what he has in store this year!
:abduct :vibes