Buttons:2007

okay the time has come for me to start collecting names… but before you hit reply, PLEASE keep reading. (because I won’t be looking here for your requests and I would like for this original post in the thread to not get buried on a second page.

• I would like for you to respond to me via my email lmpeck at cox dot net that is an L not an i.

<------or just use the little email icon under the trampoline.

Thanks for emailing not PMing… It helps greatly to have all the requests in one place.

• Please remember that the buttons are rather small. They are about 2 Inches in diameter. I use a photo as the background, put the year on it and something else that identifies you as being a festivarian. The fewer characters in your ID the better for the overall appearance. Less really is more.

• The purpose of the button is … was… is … well, originally it was to help us put faces to the names to the names of people we had met online and with whom we had been trading live shows or seeing in chat. I am no longer sure what it is … and I used to want to put first names only on it… which is still a good idea… but if you want the name that you post under, that is fine with me. I am trying to let go of all that. :lol

• Please just ONE button per person. And hey, not to be rude or anything, but if you don’t post why do you need a nametag? Should I make some that say LURKER? If I do they will cost big bucks!!! :wink: And why do your children need one? Saying that has caused me grief in the past but this is a huge project. FWIW, I always give in and do it, anyway! The buttons are FREE to you from me and I need to keep feeling cheerful about this if you get my drift.

• Don’t assume that just because I made you a button last year, that I will automatically know to make you one this year. I won’t know that. I am old and I am forgetful. :lol

• You may choose to order a button with no name on it all. However, there is something nice about us being able to learn who is who once we get there and begin to gather, so what would be the point? :wink:

• The first button distribution is at Smugglers on Monday afternoon. After that it will be at most of the pre-festival events. Once the festival starts, it gets harder. If you are in Town Park come by and see me at Maple Alley. IF you are not in Town Park, try to show up the Festivarian picture because I don’t usually think to make it by the beer tent at noon. Watch for more on this subject.

• YES… if you are not at Telluride, you can get your button from me at RockyGrass or Folks Festival as usual. If you let me know that ahead of time, that will be helpful

• Oh… and … if you miss getting it from me, I probably am not going to mail it… and if you learned that last year, ask me. I may still have your button from a past year!

Thanks and I will add to this thread as soon as I realize what I forgot, but this is WAY too long as it is. Sorry.

You guys really are the BEST! I am looking forward to hanging out with you again.

Okay…deep breath… time to get off the trampoline and get busy. :eek

See you there!
LuAnna

:hop :hop :hop :hop Start Jumping Luanna… :hop :hop :hop

We LOVE you. I’ll send my request OFF line to YOUR e-mail box.

:flower :flower :flower :flower :flower :flower :flower :flower :flower

Peace!

:cheers :cheers :cheers :cheers :cheers

:horsey

Remember KIDS you might not get a button unless you follow the instructions :thumbsup

Some $ to Luanna would be cool, she works hard. :lol

:cheers :cheers :cheers

re: * Please remember that the buttons are rather small. They are about 2 Inches in diameter. I use a photo as the background, put the year on it and something else that identifies you as being a festivarian. The fewer cahracters in your ID the better for the overall appearance. Less really is more.

• The purpose of the button is … was… is … well, originally it was to help us put faces to the names to the names of people we had met online and with whom we had been trading live shows or seeing in chat. I am no longer sure what it is … and I used to want to put first names only on it… which is still a good idea… but if you want the name that you post under, that is fine with me. I am trying to let go of all that."

Well, I would like my button to say “Michele” as well as “Hurricane M” and it would be handy to also have my SS# and mother’s maiden name and my Goddess name and my passport photo and if you could squeeze on that picture of the Mayor receiving his award from Emmy Lou and a shot from the top of the gondola at night, too cool, and don’t you think our festivarian rating would be helpful? Oh! and that animated Mai Tai thingy that the Mayor put up… and in some cases don’t you think “small member” would be informative? And my neighbors don’t like bluegrass but they have 5 kids and I would like one for each of them… thanks Luanna!! You are the BEST!!! :love :love :love

yeah right…

:lol

(gotta love your reply, though!)

Thank you once again LuAnna!
:cheers

Hey Luanna,

What a weird coincidence! You posted this the same day I happened to write to you offline and ask about the buttons!

So here is the official 2007 button request from Jaci and Giles!

We never get in to town until Wednesday night, as you know, so we’ll either grab you at Rumballs, or at the slide show, or on Thursday at the festivarian photo lineup.

Can’t wait to see you and everyone else! Festiva-a-a-a-a-l!

Love,

Jaci and Giles

Request sent, LuAnna! Thank you, O’ Goddess of Buttons and Education! :flower :flower

I have revised my original post a bit… please look at the begnning of the thread.

And why do your children need one? Saying that has caused me grief in the past but this is a huge project.

Hey, I don’t know about anyone else’s childen BUT they sure are helpful when I am going around Town park saying to people " Have you seen this child???" as I am known to do…LOL…

Actually, there are many children who have been to TP/TBF their whole lives- they should probably qualify!!! and then when they are paying for their own tickets, they can show up in about 10 yrs with 20-25 buttons and really weird out some newbies…

Just giving you grief Luanna…Do what you do… :flower

yes, I know…

and the next line in my post says:

"FWIW, I always give in and do it, anyway! " :secret

:lol
LuAnna

Here is to a true act of kindness. :cheers

Yeay!!! I cant wait for a new button!!

Thanks LAanna

david

Today is my last day of school. i will be compiling the final list soon so that I can make the buttons soon. Are all the requests in?

this evening I will begin transferring all of the names to a data base.

…just a progress report!

LuAnna

so… the button has a design now… in draft form… but I haven’t started compiling the list yet. don’t worry, I wll put out a Last Call the day before i print!.

oh boy this is gonna be FUN!!!

<----- still jumping but not getting skinny

LuAnna

you look pretty darn skinny to me :huh :huh

Hey…it’s time for the first last call for buttons.

But if you don’t know about buttons… you will have to scroll throgh this thread!

Email or even PM with the name you want on your button.

First distribution is at Smugglers during the Everybody’s birthday party…if i make it into town on time!

LuAnna

I have to stop taking names now… I am pretty sure i have heard from all of you… if not, well, maybe there will be next year. If you see this withing the next hour, that’s before 5:30 FORUM time. today… Saturday… you can still shoot me an email…but i have to draw the line somewhere and this is it. i am looking at needing to pack and I can tell it is going to be two full days on the button production… or some late nights.

I will be at Smugglers Monday afternoon which is probably the first time I will be seeing you. AFter that… back to Town Park… .and will try my best to get to the Pre-fest activities from there on out…and to the beer tent at noon on Thursday and the photo shoot on Thursday evening.

:cheers
See you all real soon!

LuAnna