Buttons:2007

:wave Thanks Luanna :love

I hope you have time to tune into the show Monday night, it’s gonna be lonesome without our regulars who are all on the big ABGAT.

I promise to play you really good button making music :medal

:cheers

Guess what, Jerry? I am gonna be in Lawrence … The Waybacks are playing.

Sorry to miss your show… but … well, you know. :slight_smile:

:flower
LuAnna

Progreass Report:

As of tonight, I have made about 25% of the buttons.

I hope I have them finished tomorrow because I haven’t finished packing!

LuAnna

That reminds me! I have to start packing!

Thanks LuAnna!!! :flower

Matt

Well, I have only a few left to make. Maybe a dozen or so. (out of closese to 200) The electric cutter got so dull that it is chewing up the paper. I have no replacement blade at the moment so i have cut several out by hand. For some reason I had a higher rate of buttons that didn’t crimp and had to be remade…like about 80 of them. i haven’t counted. I think the machine is wearing out. it’s electric, too. i think they aren’ t really very good. so… i am not yet finished. :rolleyes

I spent a good deal of the day getting my car ready for the trip… and still have a LOT of packing to do. :eek

somehow I will get there, though and everything will be fine. :wink:

see you all soon!

:cheers
LuAnna

Thanks LuAnna for the hard work. See you soon and I’m buyin"! :cheers

Thanks, Mike and I am FINISHED!!! except for deciding on the best way to transport them… they are all laid out alphabetically right now.

As soon as I make myself go out and change the oil in my car, i can begin the real job of packing.

Music Theatre this afternoon. (Us OLD FOLKS do that, you know!) and then on the road early tomorrow. Sunday night in Salida and Town Park Monday early afternoon!

<-------back to jumping for joy!

Yippeee!!!
LuAnna

Thanks for your hard work. Now get up there and enjoy the fest!

Hmmmmm… I ended up with a pretty big pile of buttons. Maybe it was just too hot this year for people to come looking once the festival started. Some of these buttons belong to people I won’t see until RockyGrass or Folks, so they can get theirs then.

Not to brag too much, but I thought the buttons were rather pretty this year. It looks the button machine that I borrowed is on its last leg. … so this was probably the end of an era in terms of how I can produce buttons. Maybe by next year there will be a new system in place.

… but gosh it was nice to see you all and to meet so many new people this year.

LuAnna

:wave O o o o H Luanna…

We all love you to pieces for the extra amount of effort it has taken to produce this monumental souvenir of of extreme festivation the last few years. How can we ever thank you?

I still haven’t taken mine off…

Thanksfor all the hard work and effort, LuAnna! I loved my button!! :love :love :love

LuAnna,
I can’t thank you enough for my button. Thee were so many folks that looked at me, looked at that button and started talking like they had known me for years. Needless to say they were folks from this forum and we probably would have never met if it hadn’t been for your love of FESTIVAAALLL!!!

Several folks have spoken of driving to TBF next year. Maybe a pit stop in Kansas should go on the list. If we’re lucky it just might be someone with a new fangled button machine!

Hope Lin :pickin

Depending on your route, my place might be on your way… or it could end up to be a detour and you will have to decide if you want to come. You are more than welcome, of course. I won’t be able to go as early as you, but i will be out of school already by then.

oh, and I am glad that you liked your button!

LuAnna

Luanna, Thanks again for the button, one of the coolest festivaaaall souvenirs evah.

you are so very welcome. I always know that i will get to see you at least once during the festival!

LuAnna

uh oh… seems like there were some people who were sure that they could find me at RockyGrass to get their buttons… but they didn’t. Were you there or did the raindrops scare you away?

LuAnna

I was there. Talked to T-Tom a few times and inquired about your whereabouts but, alas, I must not have been able to retain sufficient memories of Tom’s directions. :huh

Matt