1993 Martin D-16 for sale

Colorado Guitar Pickers,

I’m hoping to find a good home for my 1993 Martin D-16H. I bought it new in 1994 and it has been to many a gig and recording session with me in those 22 years. I think bluegrass players will especially like this guitar, as it has strong lows and highs. And 22 years of aging has given its tone additional complexity that you can’t get in a new D-16 (which sell for $1600). I’m asking $1350 for mine, including the case.

This was a working guitar, so there are numerous scratches and dings on the guitar. But no problems that would affect the tone or playability.

I had a Fishman Matrix pickup installed in the early 00’s. I replaced the original Martin hardshell case with a Godin TRIC case, which protects the guitar better, and is easier to carry. I will include the TRIC case in the deal (a $110 value).

If you’re curious why I’m selling it, I’m not a bluegrass player and the other guitars I bought recently better suit my musical styles. But it’s a great guitar and half of me wants to keep it. The other half of me says a great guitar should be getting played by a working musician.

Features:

Solid Spruce Top
Solid Mahogany Back and Sides
Scalloped Bracing
Rosewood Fingerboard
Rosewood Bridge
Ebony tuner buttons

Please respond by emailing me at rob@robroper.com. I can email you photos. I live in south Denver, near Swallow Hill. We can arrange a time for you to come over and check it out.

Rob Roper

This guitar has been sold.
-Rob