World Cup during Telluride

Anyone know of any pubs in town that would be playing the world cup games?

Games are in S. Africa, so on festie time they’ll start 5, 8 and 11 am

Schedule for you fans
http://www.fifa.com/worldcup/matches/index.html

I think O’Bannon’s pub has had the games on in the past, so they’d be your best bet - they’ll probably even open early for them. :fish

There was a pub open last year to watch the World Cup. Not sure of the name but the one mentioned above fits the bill. The owner (I heard it was an Irishman) is a fan. It was also the only place in town you could watch the Cup in the wee hours of the morning.

I also heard of one guy that took Tarp Line duty so he would be sure he didn’t sleep past the times that the games started. Now, that’s a true fan!

You’re not alone, man. :thumbsup

Auntie Hope

I bet there’ll be a “World Cup 2010” app for the iPhone by summer

My friends and I are camping at Mary E so on june 17th we will be sleeping on the streets of town so we can wake up and go to a bar for the US v Slovenia game. I think it starts at 8 am. For the Euro’s and the Confederations cup I watched the games at the Brown Dog in years past.

UGH! I didn’t even think about the World Cup! When does the shuttle start in the Morning from Illum???

One of my alltime favorite days started with an 8am England World Cup Match at the Nomad in Milwaukee.

I’m pretty sure the bus starts at 7 30 am. And Kick off is around 8.

ole ole ole ole

Tracks in Mountain Village had the WC on in 2006. They added some new flat screen tvs so the viewing options are nice.

I’m not sure. As much as I want to be at Telluride, I’m gonna be in South Africa!!! :slight_smile:

WC always pulls a great scene during TBF - lots of football festivarians

we watched some sports in Tracks last year! great bar, great views, great service, but a long trip up the gondola! If browndog is playing the games, it is much closer to the music :flower
LIVERPOOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLLLL!!!

USA vs Slovenia Friday June 18 at 7:00am.

Looks like Friday will be a very long day. Might need an afternoon tarp nap to play through.

I’m in. Do we need to set up something like the Tarp Line outside the front door of the BD? :lol

Capt. Find me when you get to Telluride, please. I’ve never had beer for breakfast. I think it’s about time, don’t you. :slight_smile:

Auntie Hope :festivarian2 :green

Let me know what day you decide to do that so I can alert security. :lol

:wink:

Security usually doesn’t have any trouble finding, and controlling me.

and it’s not beer, but WHISKEY BEFORE BREAKFAST!!! Go USA!!!

I’ll do it right before we fold all your t-shirts, Dude! :lol

“Looks like Friday will be a very long day.”
Capt. Telluride

I’ll just get Ari from the Marshall’s office to drag me back to Town Park, but thanks for the offer, CND! :thumbsup

Auntie Hope :festivarian2 :green