Where's Door #1?

Hey Monty Halls,

How about an announcement or two or three for the lineup? :dance

peace and :cheers

I know one thing, if they announce Warren Haynes I’m going to faint! :burn

I need glasses, I thought tha i was an r!

Santa baby leave something under the tree for me :deer :kiss :clap

We have been very very very good…Dweezel this year? OH you guys!

This is torture :flower in a good way :flower

Neil Young? I would just die!

Rhonda Vincent? Send me right into a squeal!

Oh stop :flower Who is joining us this June :flower

I heard Sam Bush might be there!

:medal :medal :medal Rocket Man! :medal

I love this thread! I have been very restrained because it will be our first festival ( and frankly I’m just drowning in the depth of bluegrass talent you have in the US). So many new performers to hear and discover, I almost feel embarrassed to ask for anyone special but if I had one wish it would be Alison Kraus and Union Station. We have been big, big fans forever and she never tours down south, her US tours are not advertised very far in advance and we have NEVER managed to catch a live set. So, while not strictly a TBF performer, I would die and go to heaven if they appeared.

That said, I’ve discovered so many awesome new bands and musicians through the festivrians forum I just know it will be a happy place next June.

Bring on the music peoples!

AKUS have made multiple TBF appearances in the past. I would say there is a pretty good chance that you may see them again? :pirate

I’m betting Elephant Revival gets a slot this year. There’s something about a pretty girl strummin’ a washboard that puts a little pep in your step…

Oh my god, that would be worth every cent it is costing to get to telluride! Fingers crossed

The Jayhawks would be cool; Del and Dawg are touring together, so that seems like a natural. Just saw Lisa Fischer (20 Feet from Stardom) – she would deliver a heavenly Sunday morning set.

And as always, Ronnie and Jimmy from the Geico commercials would be unbelievable.

Is it safe to assume that not many of the bands that are in the lineup for Rockygrass will be at TBF?

2015 Main Stage Lineup

We’re excited to announce the single-day lineup for the 43rd Annual RockyGrass Festival, including the first-ever headlining performance from Red Knuckles & the Trailblazers!

Friday, July 24, 2015
Earls of Leicester featuring Jerry Douglas | The Infamous Stringdusters | Claire Lynch Band | Peter Rowan Bluegrass Band | The Kruger Brothers | Sierra Hull | Caribou Mountain Collective

Saturday, July 25, 2015
Sam Bush Bluegrass Band | Del & Dawg | Sara Watkins, Sarah Jarosz & Aoife O’Donovan: “I’m With Her Tour” | Dailey & Vincent | Frank Solivan & Dirty Kitchen | Chatham County Line | Wood & Wire | Instrument Contest Finals

Sunday, July 26, 2015
Red Knuckles & the Trailblazers | Del McCoury Band | The David Grisman Sextet | Crooked Still | Danny Paisley & the Southern Grass | Billy Strings & Don Julin |
Gospel Set

^^ Not necessarily. Often artists will perform at both with different configurations (ie, Sam Bush Bluegrass Band and Peter Rowan Bluegrass Band are different than other bands those two lead, such as Sam Bush Band or Twang and Groove). It’s not super often that a lot of the same acts play both fests though.

Wait… a whole set of Red Knuckles? That sounds awesome!

I’m still holding out for the Dusters to play Telluride this year. It’s been too long! And I am aware that their most recent set was 2013. In my mind, that’s still too long to go without a Dusters Telluride show.