What are your best TBF memories?

Did somebody say BAGPIPES? What’s that all about???

Ah, bagpipes…how I love them so. But don’t bring your own bagpipes because they are hard to run with. Check out the bagpipes topic for more info.

Has everyone checked out all the fan videos from random TBF’s on Youtube.com and other video sites? I love watching vid of tarp runs. Most people don’t understand that tarp running is an art. Some people have the talent and some don’t. It’s not all about speed. Sure, you need to sprint until you almost (but not quite) puke due to lack of oxygen and over-taxing a hungover body, but you also need the dexterity to dodge/hurdle/climb over/crawl under a wide variety of festival-based road blocks such as: fallen festivarians, wagons, lawn chairs, babies, speaker cables, scaffolding, Kelty shelters, imaginary pink hippos, and tent stakes. And, while keeping your eye on ‘the prize’ you have to pre-plan the approach. You have to understand your tarp and how it unfolds. And, alternately, your tarp has to trust and respect you. Being able to skillfully unfolded your tarp with a flick of your wrist in the last 10 yards of your run and guiding it in for a perfect landing can make the difference between having a prime spot for the day or winding up underneath your tarp unconcious with grass stains on your forehead. A well-placed tarp is a beautiful sight to behold.

Mine was when Mike Marshall, Chris Thiele, Drew Emmit, and Micheal Kang busted in on our jam session in the MASH Tent one night…Who ya gonna call? JAM BUSTERS!!! :pickin :pickin

I remember that. I was layin’ in my tent and all I could hear was the roar of the crowd after each picker took the lead. I was sooo tired that I just stayed in bed and listened. Boy, now I regret not forcing myself out of the tent and over to the jam.

The Kaptain

1996 on Thursday Barenburg, Douglas, and Meyer with Sam Bush sitting in. The weather was terrible, sleet blowing sideways. During Sam’s solo a rainbow formed up valley, and as everyone cheered Sam played harder, and when Sam played harder another rainbow formed. Two rainbows over the valley was a sight to behold. It was inspiring.

A funny memory is when I was sitting in an outhouse near my tent when I heard some friends calling me; David, where are you? “In here” What are you doing in there? “Camping!”

Another one of my favorite moments was when I was playing bass for King Wilkie a few years ago. We had been on the road for a couple of weeks and was on the way home. Well, it just happened that we were going by my then girlfriend’s house. So I had them drop me off and within minutes of being there I fell asleep on the sofa. Well the next thing that I knew, I was in Telluride and Sam Bush was on stage singing North Country Fair. It was awesome. I can remember seeing everyone there. But then I awoke to The Peaks of Telluride playing on the stereo. It was a great dream and it felt like I was actually there. I also felt a little sad that I wasn’t…Does this count as a favorite memory?..LOL

uhhhh… Girlfriends only count if they’re real. :lol

Hope Lin :pickin

Oh another great memory!!! Last year’s Sunday Night Walkabout… That was a hoot especially when we helped that guy move in… I think this needs to be an “official” event this year… Actually, we should make it a “progressive walkabout” , like a progressive drinking party…

That was a great walkabout :cheers

It was an awesome walkabout…

Joey? She might still be your girlfriend if you ever showed up for breakfast!! :wink:

xoxo MG

OH!!! That hurt!!! :argh LOL

Now Kids… there’s a time and place for everything. Let it go and get your Packin’ for Telluride started like good girls and boys. :lol :lol :lol

Love Ya Both,
Auntie Hope

OK, OK…

Joey? Forgive me? Puh-leeese!! :flower

xoxo Monkeygirl :woohoo

Well,hmmmmmm, OK :hombre Let’s do brunch since I can’t seem to get up early enough for breakfast or we can just camp out on the steps and that way we’ll be there when they open for breakfast… :wink:

Paint me there Joey!! Just let me know where and when! :flower

xoxo Monkeygirl

I brought a beautiful friend of mine to fest one year as she was going through a really nasty divorce. We were hangin in camp and I had just put a wonderful grass fed top sirloin roast (about 7 pounds) on to cook.Theresa was giving massage, Gillian Welch was on stage, and the weather was amazing. She got about three notes into White Rabbit when I realized what was going on, my beautiful companion brought me a chair and a bottle of wine. I sat down on the fence line and listened to Alice when she was ten feet tall.

My life has not been the same since that day.

:cheers

I really have so many, but since I was 16 my music loving sister had turned me on to Jean Luc Ponty, Stanley Clarke and Bela Fleck (never all at once). I was so excited to see them all. So when they got up on the stage, or it might have been when Bela was invited back during the evening - I was in awe, far back from the stage, but in awe. It’s important to know it was dark out by this point. My friend Kim, an avid concert goer, said “Go up to the front!”. I get nervous in big crowds so I shied away. She grabbed my hand and zeroed in – bee-lining it to the stage. I followed in her wake, people a little surprised by the movement looked at me with slight annoyed shock, I looked at them at said “I lost my contacts”. I’m still laughing. You have to know it was wall to wall people and no chance in hell of finding a folding chair, let alone contact lens.

I liked serving Rum Balls and having my fingers licked. That’s up there with the top ten. I love giving toe jobs to the reluctant TJ virgin and seeing their pride after all is said and done. At night, wandering from camp to camp, then when I brought the man boys back to my den for snacks or something, in their altered state, one looked straight into my eyes and said in a slow slightly enlightened way “you’re gorgeous.” Yeah, I liked that too. To the stranger who comforted my tears in the steamboat tent, thank you.

I love the festival, I love the music, but it always seems there is so much more. Maybe my real favorite is you. (you know who you are, because we’ve met)

Courtney …its just amazing to me how year after year , seems like there is always a life
enlighten event that happens to all off us

My 2nd or 3rd year in town park 93/94, 3 days before I was to leave I was Diagnosed
with type 2 diabetes . I had brought a redheaded GF <1st mistake>…anyway I had met a kind hearted gentlemen my the name of Mac played a hell of a hermonica !
anyway just being on the new meds and stuff I ended up losing my eyesight to the point I couldnt see clearly or read and the redheaded she monster was no help.
I had sat down with Mac , angry mad confused at what was happing to me , Mac was also type 2 …he explained what was happening to me and what to expect …
Just made it easier to deal with …and of course got in with the rest of the camp Fishbone …Mac passed away a couple of years ago …he surcumbed to a hard life lived
To my Friend Mac …your still with your Family in Telluride
Salud

of course I have alot of great memories at Tropical Tuesday but they all seem to run together :pipe2 :drunk :devil :hombre :pipe :rollin

After Tropical Tuesdays I tend to forget everything… except that I was there. :lol
:drunk