Volunteering

OMG! This isnt about the bacon thong incident is it? I told you what Crunchy frogs and Green tea ice cream makes me do! :evil :eek :lol
I’ll give you a shout this weekend.

Thanks Matt. We do plan on putting in the application on the first day it is possible if the details can get worked out that even allow us to consider it. Right now we are just getting our “ducks in a row”. Probably wont know for a couple of weeks whether or not we can maake it all happen.

This will be my third TBF and also my third year as a volunteer… It’s a great experience where I’m able to give back to the festival in a special way. (At least that’s how I think of it, lol)… As for sets you can’t miss, just let Cindy (awesome volunteer coordinator) know what you want to see and she is very understanding and really does her best to accommodate your wishes…

:wave Hi everyone!

I have volunteered for 7 out of my 9 TBFs - soon to 8 out of 10! - and I LOVE it. I have met so many great people and its always such a joy to see them year after year. I have always been stationed at the Vehicle Gate which is the drive coming into TP/backstage and I try to get all my shifts completed before the festival begins.

One year I tried to stop a car load of folks from going backstage, because they didn’t have their credentials - it turned out, it was the Del McCoury Band! I didn’t know what they looked like up close! :lol So embarrassing!

Volunteering is a blast! Do it!!! :flower

Giddy as a school girl!! :lol I JUST GOT ACCEPTED TO VOLUNTEER THIS YEAR!!
This will be my first year attending as well, and I am super excited to chill with all of you.

Look for the van full of hippies from Mesa County with the ‘Stay Positive’ van at Ilium, and come say hi!

:flower peace! :flower

:thumbsup :thumbsup :thumbsup :thumbsup :thumbsup :thumbsup :thumbsup :thumbsup :thumbsup :thumbsup :thumbsup :thumbsup :thumbsup :thumbsup :thumbsup :thumbsup :thumbsup :thumbsup
It’s Great to be a part of what makes us all so happy every year! the fact you get paid for it is a bonus.

So if i just sent an application to volunteer this weekend, is it too late?? :huh or will i still get a spot? does anyone have any ideas? im new to the festival and volunteering! :flower

You still might get a spot. I think this was around when my g/f and I sent in our applications last year. Just don’t count on getting to work up at the festival, you’ll likely end up at one of the outlying campgrounds.

ok well that’s good to hear that you still got a spot after applying so late. do you know when they would notify me to tell me one way or the other? Thanks for your help!

I just signed up today. I’m crossing my fingers with you–for me to get a spot and for us to BOTH get spots somewhere we can hear some music. :slight_smile:

just got accepted as a volunteer! yay :slight_smile:

Congrats! :slight_smile: When did you apply to be a volunteer?

i honestly can’t remember. around late feb/early march, i think!

I got my volunteer schedule today, I’ll be at the same post as last year :welcome the good news, only one shift during music. :thumbsup the bad news, the one shift is Friday night. :frowning: here’s hoping for a shift trade or an early night off.

we just found out about this festival and applied to volunteer but its was too late. the spots have been filled. what are the chances that we will get a spot to volunteer by some cancelations or what not?

anyone else volunteering in the family/kids tent? :wave

bump…

anybody volunteering in the family/kids tent that could swap there morning shift (9:30-1:30) for my afternoon shift (1:30-5:30) on saturday? i don’t want to miss yonder :flower