Virgins from the UK & Instruments at the Festival - Advice

2009 will be my first Telluride despite having drooled over the thought for too many years (I really should tell my wife I’ve booked it!).

I’ll be travelling from the UK with a friend and obviously we’ll have to travel fairly light BUT… I still want to bring a guitar along.

I’m hoping that somebody might be able to give me a bit of advice on the following:

Are there any ‘no go’ areas for somebody carrying an instrument?
What (if any) is the etiquette for campsite sessions?
Are any sites designated as ‘no play’ areas?
Are any sites known as being better than others for sessions?
Is there any secure storage (or would I have to carry for the whole festival)?

Carrying a Guitar means cutting back in everything else - so even though I really want to bring one along, just let me know if I’m wasting my time.

Incite from experienced Festivarians (on this and anything else I should know)would be much appreciated. :slight_smile:

Thanks in advance.

:wave Hey, I think the ol’timers are much more informed on this then I so I don’t want to steer ya wrong. I’m sure they will chime in soon. Mark2010 on the forum is also coming from the UK!

(I really should tell my wife I’ve booked it!). UHHH, You Think? :lol

Are there any ‘no go’ areas for somebody carrying an instrument? NOT SURE. I wouldn’t suggest you try and go backstage!

What (if any) is the etiquette for campsite sessions? Sit Down and Play!

Are any sites designated as ‘no play’ areas? Family Camping at the High School after Quiet Time Starts

Are any sites known as being better than others for sessions? Sugar, They’re ALL Good

Is there any secure storage (or would I have to carry for the whole festival)? Where are you camping? You might be able to hook up with someone that has a vehicle.

Carrying a Guitar… just let me know if I’m wasting my time. No, and to tell you the truth, if you don’t bring the guitar we’ll take your ticket and send you back to the airport… just kidding. Bring it, Man, and don’t sweat the small stuff! You’re going to have a BLAST at FESTIVVVAAALLL!!! :thumbsup

Auntie Hope :pickin :green

As far as carrying your guitar…we have an instrument check just before you enter the festival where you can check your axe while you’re enjoying the music inside the festival grounds.

:cheers

Why … do you think I should call her from the airport instead and say “I’ll be late home Honey” ? :slight_smile:

Rather you than me!