VIP Pass

Camper spots are hard to come by. There are a few for Town Park, but not many. You can have a bigger RV at Lawson, and Mary E allows campers as well. I’m pretty sure thats it, unless you know someone in town who will let you park at their house, off the street.

Thank you ls! Yeah, it’s definitely a serious situation … had a blown disc (c6/c7) which compressed a nerve root leading out to my right tricep, pec, deltoids … all of which were weaked severely & had to do something or risk loosing use of those muscles permanently. So, opted for an artificial disc replacement. Short term recovery has been very easy so far, but I guess we’ll see how this pans out in the long run.

I also find your views interesting and like your perspective! I think you’re on to something re: retention of the current aging population demographic. Perhaps Australian Fan is on to something re: a “special section” of sorts; be it ADA or something short of a literal interpretation of ADA section. Red Rocks typically has the front row reserved for ADA (along with the very back). However, like most issues re: personal space, guidelines can often be stretched until there’s a “tragedy of the commons”; and ultimately PB might need to step in to officiate … which would be yet another layer of operational admin they’d need to take on. Nonetheless, it might be worth it from a marketing point of view in terms of maintaining a strong percentage of veterans which seem to carry on many traditions (which PB seems to currently embrace as a component of their existing general marketing posture).

[quote=“FaceOnMars l
[/quote”]
Thank you ls! Yeah, it’s definitely a serious situation … had a blown disc (c6/c7) which compressed a nerve root leading out to my right tricep, pec, deltoids … all of which were weaked severely & had to do something or risk loosing use of those muscles permanently. So, opted for an artificial disc replacement. Short term recovery has been very easy so far, but I guess we’ll see how this pans out in the long run.

I also find your views interesting and like your perspective! I think you’re on to something re: retention of the current aging population demographic. Perhaps Australian Fan is on to something re: a “special section” of sorts; be it ADA or something short of a literal interpretation of ADA section. Red Rocks typically has the front row reserved for ADA (along with the very back). However, like most issues re: personal space, guidelines can often be stretched until there’s a “tragedy of the commons”; and ultimately PB might need to step in to officiate … which would be yet another layer of operational admin they’d need to take on. Nonetheless, it might be worth it from a marketing point of view in terms of maintaining a strong percentage of veterans which seem to carry on many traditions (which PB seems to currently embrace as a component of their existing general marketing posture).
[/quote]
I am so glad you are on the road to recovery. When the mind says yes and the body says no it is a hard one to come to terms with, But I have always been pro active and I know that PBG is as well.
I had an interesting discussion last night with someone who went to Rockygrass. He said the entire crowd was seated the entire time and they were monitored to stay seated. Diffused the good vibes and energy. I was quick to explain that he may have been part of a social experiment. Perhaps PBG wanted to try a crowd shift to seated and thus accommodate folks who need to sit…

I know for a fact you cannot please all the people all of the time, I have worked with the public before. So I say good job PBG at being proactive and I have always noticed that the effort to accommodate us is always at the top of your consideration.

So FOM I will see you next year and what ever we as a Fest family can do to make sure we stick together and hang tough, we will do, cause its part of who we are now.

Love and light and many hugs friend. See you in June! :flower

I am so glad you are on the road to recovery. When the mind says yes and the body says no it is a hard one to come to terms with, But I have always been pro active and I know that PBG is as well.
I had an interesting discussion last night with someone who went to Rockygrass. He said the entire crowd was seated the entire time and they were monitored to stay seated. Diffused the good vibes and energy. I was quick to explain that he may have been part of a social experiment. Perhaps PBG wanted to try a crowd shift to seated and thus accommodate folks who need to sit…

I know for a fact you cannot please all the people all of the time, I have worked with the public before. So I say good job PBG at being proactive and I have always noticed that the effort to accommodate us is always at the top of your consideration.

So FOM I will see you next year and what ever we as a Fest family can do to make sure we stick together and hang tough, we will do, cause its part of who we are now.

Love and light and many hugs friend. See you in June! :flower
[/quote]
Thank you again for your kind thoughts landshark … and right back at ya! :flower

Just remember: “If you can walk, you can surely dance”. :thumbsup

Yes, I agree with you 100% that you can’t please 100% of the people 100% of the time, but it’s nice to try and increase the percentage if possible. Interesting that the whole seated/standing thing never became a “controversy” in Telluride, yet is apparently a hot button issue at Rockygrass … it really is fascinating when you break it all down to it’s elements … especially since there probably isn’t fixed seating. Last encounter I had with such an arrangement was at the Bob Weir, Chris Robinson, Jackie Greene show at Chataqua in Boulder. Had an awesome seat directly behind the SBD, but after the announcment was made that it was to be a “seated only” show, being the freak that I am, I opted to drift to the back in order to dance vs. better sound & sightlines. There were maybe only a few dozen of us who were exiled to the back to dance, and I kinda wondered what the percentage would’ve been had the official mandate not been issued? … since it was a more subdued acoustic show, but I still suspect there would’ve been a lot more people who would’ve preferred to stand/dance.

Thank you again for your kind thoughts landshark … and right back at ya! :flower

Just remember: “If you can walk, you can surely dance”. :thumbsup

Yes, I agree with you 100% that you can’t please 100% of the people 100% of the time, but it’s nice to try and increase the percentage if possible. Interesting that the whole seated/standing thing never became a “controversy” in Telluride, yet is apparently a hot button issue at Rockygrass … it really is fascinating when you break it all down to it’s elements … especially since there probably isn’t fixed seating. Last encounter I had with such an arrangement was at the Bob Weir, Chris Robinson, Jackie Greene show at Chataqua in Boulder. Had an awesome seat directly behind the SBD, but after the announcment was made that it was to be a “seated only” show, being the freak that I am, I opted to drift to the back in order to dance vs. better sound & sightlines. There were maybe only a few dozen of us who were exiled to the back to dance, and I kinda wondered what the percentage would’ve been had the official mandate not been issued? … since it was a more subdued acoustic show, but I still suspect there would’ve been a lot more people who would’ve preferred to stand/dance.
[/quote]
I am with you on that ! I want the choice to dance! Often I will stand by the side so I can. Choice is a good thing and hope you are well :flower