Very Late Lawson Hill arrival and set up logistics

I’m so excited to be able to come for a short bit of the festival! I’m arriving Saturday afternoon to camp at Lawson Hill and need to go into town to pick up both the camping and Sunday festival day pass wristbands. I’m assuming I’ll need to park in Mtn. Village overnight. Wondering if I need to go to Mtn. Village first, take the gondola up and down to get wristbands, then go set up camp, and then drive back up to Mtn. Village to park overnight?? Or is it possible to park in town for less than an hour to get wristbands, then set up camp, then go park at Mtn. Village?? Or would Lawson Hill hosts let me in to set up with just a paper camping ticket, then go to Mtn. Village to park, then pick up wristbands, and then festivate? Trying to avoid multiple trips to Mtn. Village and back.

Thanks!

Never stayed at Lawson, or arrived late. But, I’m guessing you’d be allowed to set up with paper ticket, park at Lawson parking, and ride shuttle in to exchange tickets for wristbands. Thats generally how it works at the other sites. Biggest issue you’ll have is finding space for a tent. Best to bring a backpacking size 1-2 person tent, as space will be very limited. If you know anyone else who will be there ahead of you, maybe they can set up your tent, or reserve space with tarp.

Please come to Lawson Hill first. Show proof of purchase with a paper copy or on your phone. You’ll be able to unload and then parking staff will direct you to wherever they are parking at that point (which won’t be in MtnVillage). You may luck out and be able to park at Lawson if there are open spots due to people leaving throughout the Festival. Once set up and parked, you’ll be able to catch the bus into town and get your wristbands taken care of. Lawson takes single day tickets so there is actually more movement in the campground than you might expect. There will be space for you!

1 Like

Thank you both! I really appreciate the reassurance.

Hi there. You mentioned late Lawson folk won’t find parking in Mtn village. As someone camping wise where and needing to drive to get closer, I’m hoping that’s cause there is parking for day trippers or volunteers coming/camping where there is no shuttle? :pray::pray::pray: Any extra info would be great if you know! For instance, are there parking hours? TIA!!

Lawson campers cars are parked in a number of locations. We start near the campground, then park at a small lot in MtnVillage and then move to a larger lot near the airport. We provide shuttle service back to Lawson from these lots.

1 Like

If you get in late in the evening, we’ll find a place at the campground to hold your car overnight but you’ll have to move it to whatever lot is being parked first thing in the morning.

1 Like