Twin Cities Scene

:wave Cheers Festivarians a la Heartland! :cheers :cheers
http://www.pertnearsandstone.com/Events/Details/2012/01/27/Minneapolis%2C-MN---Cedar-Cultural-Center
Anybody else heading to Pert Near’s Winter Gathering tonight? (Head for the Hills, too!) Thought I’d start my own thread for MinneApple area shows that are on my radar. Meeting new/old Festamigos to break barley, and hear good tunes is always a welcome activity. So if you’re in the The NorthHeartland, this is probably where I’ll be.
1/31/12 Goat Rodeo Movie. In a theater near you!
2/11/12 RRE @ First Ave
3/8/12 Jake Shimabukuro @ The Cedar
4/11/12 TbT @ First Ave
4/13/12 Darrell Scott @ Bunkers
4/22/12 Sara Watkins @ The Cedar
There are others as well, please post if you have suggestions. (I’ve been known to travel some too)

I saw Head for the Hills on Thursday in Des Moines, and they blew me away! Loved the show, wish I could have made it to Pert Near’s as well. I’m coming up for the Punch Brothers in March, pretty excited for that one. :cheers

:wave Great Furnal! That is a show I forgot to list…
PUNCH BROS @ The Varsity 3/2/12 w/Aoife O.
Loved HftH as well! :thumbsup

This is very good to know! Thanks for Posting

:sunshine Anybody wanna go to the Infamous Stringdusters w/Head for the Hills at the Cabooze/Minneapolis West Bank with me April 26th - I know it’s a school night and all, but C’mon!!

I would love to… but I cant… I am going to Austin the following day to see Eddie Vedder. Plus I live in Iowa, I would make that trip regardless to see both of these amazing bands. But that show will be bananas! Have fun! :cheers

:wave Yes, I wanna go. :thumbsup No, I am going. :cheers
Others for your consideration…

4/6/12 Pert Near, Charlie Parr, Elephant Revival @ First Ave
4/15/12 Fred Eaglesmith, Ginn Sisters @ The Cedar
4/19/12 Leon Redbone @ The Cedar Have my ticket
4/26/12 ISDusters, HftHills @ The Cabooze Have my ticket
5/2/12 Carolina Choc Drops @ The Cedar Have my ticket
5/16/12 Sarah Jarosz @ The Varsity

{PM’ing my cell# to Furnal for Punch Bros @ The Varsity.} Inspiring as usual

new here - got 5x 4day to Telluride this year. Camping at Illium.

:thumbsup That’s just plain ol’ awesome! :thumbsup
:sunshine
I’ve been there, and done alot. Let us know if ur coming to any TC shows. :cheers

will be at dead man winter 7th street show in May with bells

Anyone else going? C’mon.

i HOPE TO BE THERE

We are getting that show here in Madison on Friday the 27th! Not a school night for us :thumbsup Should be awesome at the High Noon Saloon!

I am very seriously thinking about making the trip up from SE Iowa for this one…I would have to travel solo, so I would need some assurances that I would have some festy friends to throw some back with. :cheers Let me know what the goings downs will be.

:wave Ready, willing, and quasi-able. :thumbsup Make it so! Will be on the patio in So Mpls if you want to stop by on your way to the show. :cheers

:cheers I scrounged up a couple more ‘friends’ for Stringdusters - all we need now is some Iowegian representation… :cow

Man, I totally wish I could come to this show! I am going to Austin for the weekend, which was originally to see Eddie Vedder and Glen Hansard. Buuut unfortunately EV has nerve damage in his right arm and postponed the tour. I am glad he is ok, but makes missing another sweet show as this one that more hard… But have fun all you Festivarians! The Cabooze is such a sweet place, and I am sure Swander99 won’t disappoint as well. :lol
:cheers

Punch Brothers just announced a show at FIRST AVE on December 12!!! This is easily one of my favorite venues of all time, but it is on a Wednesday… So I doubt I will be able to make it. But hope others will go from here!

:wave Greensky Bluegrass midwest run includes Mpls! The Cabooze on Thursday 9/27/2012. $12 I’ll be there w/AspenRob. (wknd includes Madison & Des Moines if ne1’s up up for a GB roadtrip.)

:wave The Devil Makes Three returns to Mpls @ The Cabooze on Saturday 9/29/2012. We’ll be there as well.

Pert Near Sandstone with Cornmeal and The Ragbirds

XXXX Pre-Festivaaal in Mpls. March 29, 2013. Tickets go onsale Friday 2/1/13.