Town Park Camps Map

Thanks Landshark, I like you too :cheers … the lion’s share of the writing (below the link) is actually the text from a story from the Telluride Daily Planet.

Just thought people might be interested to know.

Thank you! Fishin rods are good for too many words. Put a man near a river and give him a fishin rod…do you fish? :flower
You are very informative :medal

Don’t fish myself, but I guess if I were hungry enough …

:budumdum :giggle :sunshine IS IT JUNE YET? Where’s my Map! I am going to paste my headlamp to it :lol

Works for me, tho couldn’t you at least put an arrow pointing to “Erndog’s Van (down by the river)”, so those of us that have to travel to the dark side have some help, too?!? :cheers

OK, here are a couple of serious questions from a rank newbie.
We are arriving as early as Sunday to camp and have never
been to Telluride before.

1. Are there any areas on this map that are sort of proprietary, like
    if I set up my tent on Sunday someone would feel like I took their
    historical spot on Wednesday?

2. Which area is best for sleeping? I’ve seen this question asked before
    and someone inevitably replies that sleep is over rated. Well, not for me. I
    want at least seven hours, especially after getting baked and all.

Thanks in advance!

Penn

OK, here are a couple of serious questions from a rank newbie.

A little soap and water should clear that right up. Sorry, not a serious answer…

1. No. Tarps will be down or tents will be up by Sunday.

2. Case the general areas that look good, ask around, meet prospective neighbors. Jam tents, gathering places are pretty easy to spot. There’s a whole other area off the top of the map (which would be to the east) called the primitive area- same basic tactics apply there. The landscape changes slightly year to year so there’s not a definitive answer to that question. Bring your finest choice of earplugs- I now prefer silicone after coaxing out a foam earplug with tweezers at 3-dark-30 a few years ago.

:cheers

1. You’ll know those kinds of spots because there will already be a party going on when you get there :lol
    and
  2. The closer you can get to the waterfall, the closer you’ll be to the Shitshow. So it’s a delicate balancing act.

Just kidding.

But seriously…

1. Anyone getting there on Wednesday deserves to find you in their FORMER spot. There’s lots of great spots available on Sunday. The talking to your prospective neighbors suggestion is a good idea. And there’s always room in and amongst, even if you find yourself in the middle of a large or established group.
    and
  2. Bear Creek and the waterfall do provide some seriously soothing white noise if you like that kind of thing for sleeping.
  1. Bevin is right. Yes, I said it. Bevin is right.

2. Yes, the white noise from the waterfall is great. However, besides knowing that you will wake up to the need to piss like a race horse, you will need to pack in more tarps if you plan to sleep/camp near the waterfall. The over-spray from the falls dampens most things during the night, and has a gret potential to freeze if the temps get low enough during the wee hours of the morning. This happens usually once, if not three times, per fest.

:eek Yikes! That’s one of my big fears which ranks up there with having my contact lens roll back into my eye socket. I sleep with earplugs daily … use the contoured memory foam disposable ones & always jam them as far as they can go.

Great map Hooch. So that’s where I was, it’s all coming back to me now.