Town park camping question

Howdy all

First timer trekking from NJ. I was lucky enough to get town park for my buddy (coming from Houston)and myself. We did not realize that there was the bluegrass takeover and land rush for town park.

Do we have to get there the weekend before to get a spot, or can we show up Tuesday/Wednesday and find a spot for the two of us?

Howdy! Congrats on your TP Tickets. You’re going to have a the time of your life. The veterans will surely give some sound advice as you start planning. My experience is you’ll find a spot, it will be cozy. Personally, we show up the Sat before but its b/c we trek in a lot of stuff for our 8-12 people crew. If you’re traveling light, friendly to neighbors, you’ll be good to go. Though get there as early as you can, otherwise you’ll miss all the pre-music shannagains which are my favorite! :banjo: :violin: :mount_fuji: :woman_fairy: :mushroom:

1 Like

If it is your first time I would get there Saturday or Sunday before fest. Town Park before fest is arguably a better time than the festival itself.

5 Likes

As others are saying, the earlier you get there the better.

That being said, if it’s just the two of you, you’ll be able to find some place to put up a tent on Tuesday or Wednesday, it’ll just be a bit tight.