Tony Rice and Mountain Heart in South Carolina

Hi there Everyone! :wave

I’m travelling to the US for the first time this year, and I’ll be spending my first week in Telluride for the Festival ( :hop )
After that I’m planning to travel over to the East Coast and hang out in Asheville for a little while, and I want to go and see Tony Rice play at this free festival with Mountain Heart in Greenwood, SC on Saturday the 27th of June.
Well, I thought I could stay in Asheville and go down to Greenwood on the Saturday for the Festival using public transport (as I don’t drive), but from the research I’ve done that doesn’t seem to be an option…
So I’m looking for some advice regarding alternative ways of getting to Greenwood that I might have overlooked :cheers
Anyone else planning to go to this festival?

Probably take the greyHound to either Greeneville or Spartenburg, then over to Greenwood.
When in AsheVegas make sure you get a slice and a pint at Barleys.

Cool ! thanks for the advice :cheers
I was looking at the greyhound website but there wasn’t anything about them running in that area, but I guess the don’t cover everything…
Barleys in Asheville you say? I will check it out…

LadyBug,

See if you can find a forum or community for that free festival. I’ve heard another band speak of the festival but I can’t remember which one at the moment. I’ll keep working on it for you. :thumbsup

Auntie Hope :festivarian2 :green

Cool :slight_smile: thanks Hope!
They have a website where the festival is advertised, but I don’t think there’s a forum…
I’m just keeping the subject open here and maybe some fellow festivarians who plan to go will come up with a plan…

:cheers

sweet
ya know we’ll be there
:wink:

http://www.gwdtoday.com/
I live in greenwood.My wife and I plan to attend for sure.Free is good no doubt,to see the best flatpicker in the world!
Feel free to PM me about the bus routes and such,I’ll look into it right now.From greenville-spartanburg would be your best bet as stated above but you dont want to be late!Hehe

Actually a good show but Tony wasnt singing.Appeared to be very ill for that matter but chops were in good order.Overheard one of the guys from Mountain Heart saying that Tony was in a bad way ;(

tony wasn’t ill at the show…
he just doesnt sing anymore…
i thought he was on fire that night, the half hour manzanita blew me away, having never seen it played live that way before, and with mtn heart, well… dang!!! :woohoo :woohoo :woohoo