TBF wedding sugestions?

so does that mean Ron and Deb are invailds?

LuAnna

Mayor Tom, it seems that Colorado law has been revised, and clarified in recent years, and I, among many, was not aware of this recent change. Thanks for keping me above board!

The correct law is stated below:

Couples themselves may solemnize their own marriage (perform one’s own marriage ceremony). According to Colorado Revised Statute 14-2-109, a marriage may be solemnized by a judge of a court; by a court magistrate; by a retired judge of the court; by a public official whose powers include solemnization of marriages; by Indian tribe officials; by clergy; by the parties to the marriage. If you wish to solemnize your own marriage, you will be responsible for acquiring, completing and returning the license to marry to the appropriate county Office of the Clerk and Recorder.

It is also important to note that the state of Colorado does NOT have any licensing or requirements, or registration process for ministers, priests, rabbis or other religious leaders who perform marriages, thus anyone can be a religious leader if they say that they are…VERY backwards if you ask me!

That’s the skinny of it.

Scott,

I think a great close by spot for a festival wedding could be the area around the children’s fishing pond, which you pass by on the way into the festival from town, after crossing the river on the pedestrian bridge.

Of course if the wedding attendees are camping in Town Park, having the wedding at Camp Run-a-Muck would be pretty much impossible to beat - great view of the stage, fantastic campground hospitality, etc. But if the bride, groom and likely attendees can’t all access the Town Park campground, the fishing pond presents a beautiful setting, super-close to the festival (you can hear the stage pretty well from back there) and it’s just a little bit secluded, amongst the trees and such. There’s more room in there than meets the eye, if I remember correctly. And no one has to miss a minute of music - except, of course, while the vows are being said.

Anyone else have ideas about the “where” part? Maybe a hula-hoop wedding in the Hula Zone? Scratching my head here…
Bevin

Hey Bevin, great idea about the fishing pond! What a beautiful spot and those wedding photos on the bridge, well, it would just give us another reason to have that group cry/hug!

Run-A-Muck was offering pre-festival reception time in conjunction with the Tuesday Oyster Feed, which is the exact same place you and I first met. Ahh, another friendship made at Bluegrass! :flower

Re: Wedding Cakes… Baked in Telluride! Free WIFI too!

Auntie Hope :pickin

Hello there T-Ride Scotty t’Hottie

I have been watching over the thread and decided to meditate over before mouthing off.

Weldings ie, weddins are always special when there are musicians or music present as it adds a certain Je Ne Sais Quoi. I remember glancing up stage left to a grassy knoll and watching Johnny C tie the knot with his beloved. It was something to see a tux in all that pine that made it special, so don’t leave that part out.

It might be wise that the couple does not have to camp, well at least for one night anyway! The Peaks is the only place to consumate in my humble opine. Especially since many of the musicians are there already and could add a little spice to the already festive atmosphere.

Catering is already taken care of with the wonderful restaurant row inside the festival. Just make sure the bride to be has a bite to eat! And the groom as well, too many pre weddin whiskey’s (sorry HOOCH) can spoil the lot.

Now since I am a sooming that the couple is already Irish, a pre and post trip to O’Bannons is absolutely mandatory for pre and post drink. The GUINNESS and the whiskey can do wonders to the wonderment of the moment.

The best part is that the fest is broadcast all over town via the radidio and you won’t miss a beat.

Now if you haven’t seen ONCE the movie, its time you did and that band is gonna be a playin this a year and that would be a perfect time to be hooched and hitched! Can you imagine? Well, if you haven’t seen the moovie, you haven’t gotch a clue!

Be sure to send a word backstage to the announcer. so they know when to make welcome the newlyweds in broadcast speak. AndSo the entire crowd will instantly recognize the newlyneds when they stroll in procession throughout the set trails of Festivaria in traditional costume (please oh please, be sure the groom wears a top hat! Even if he is in traditional festival garb, don’t forget the ToP HaT!

Now for the bride: Be sure she has a few bawdy wenches to tend to her special needs. Mead should be on hand, in case there are any last minute reservations! har har@!

My first thoughts were to make sure that you didn’t plan for the welding during the fest. PreFest would be the best time, as there are so many parties in place and the couple would be welcomed as royalty. Particularly the RUMBALL, and the FreeStore Stomp and all the wonderful semi permanent campsites that have so many opportunities for festivalia and comraderie that are in the moment.

Its just been noticed that The Swell Season plays on Sunday! What better time to get hitched! Well, do what you want … but the moovie/band soundtrack would be perfect! What? You HAVEN’T seen the filim? Oh gosh, well, get back to this thread after you have seen it twice!

Is the couple able to stay for a few days after the fest? What a great opportunity to enjoy T-Ride all to yourself. Once everting gets hauled away, there is nothing like cruising through bars and restaurants with the locals. I wish you this as a weddin gift more than anything.

Looks like there have been many great suggestions. One thing that has been left out is the Incredibly wonderful Gondola Ride that could probably rigged up in advance to be decorated (read: leather and lace), cocktails at the summit (weelll, I meant to say champ pagnie) with a strawberry for her in the flute and for himself a gin or vodka martini. Or Reversed if the need be ! Naturally the party kit and chiller wo uld be portable. Natural cigars are most highly recommended if the newlyweds are akin to that sort of ting!

Nuptials in Telluride couldn’t be placed in another location anytime or anywhere. Scotty, even if you screw it up and do nothing, but be a great spirit guide and your usual exemplery hosting qualities, this couple will have nothing but a wonderful time based on where they are, what they are experiencing, the true love of each other and the lifelong commitment for the many years to come.

If you have to have a cake, I recommend a carrot cake, it’s sumptious!

I think its a grand idea and you won’t go wrong with whatever you choose for the couple. Naturally, it comes down to budget, persistance and the ability to take advantage the Swiss Alps of Telluride.

Scotty, think back to the humbleness of your first visits to the Fest and go from the heart. Have their laundry done, reserve a table, make sure there are plenty of flowers … for her. Regardless if she says nuh-ah.

As weeding planter, you’ll do fine.

As wedding planner, you’ll do even better. Plan your own wedding and pass the idea on to the couple, without letting them know you are doing it.

Grill it baby, use a french press, open your ears, wear your hat with greatness, smile … because you can do like no other$!

Take away all the burdens they carry and you will be an incredible and wonderful memory forever.

Best Of Luck
You are the man
I am jealous (as you can see)

If I am there, I’ll do my best to help out.

My thoughts are with you.

Love and Hug

DewJBub

Dewy you are the romantic that I brag on, a true festivarian of great knowledge and you are right about the Carrot Cake…and I know you will be present throughout this epic T-Ride, for this Groom and Bride.

As I recall, there is a platform next to the river, jest down from the ticket office that would suffice, nature and all. Hell, anyplace next to ANY river up there is recommended!

All of these ideas are great.The groom is moving into the modern age and getting a for real computer.He will signing up as a forum newbie soon and you all will be able to wish him salutations :wink:

Here is T-Ride Scotty Describing How Big The Weddin’ll Be:

Reverand Dave is Certified by the State I think ???
HMmmmmm

Don’t you worry there Ron. Dave’s wouldn’t go and make you a couple of invalids. :slight_smile:

We’ll be raising an anniversary toast to you two. Wish you’d be joining us!