TBF Newbie Questions

Hi y’all! I am suddenly dead-set on making it to Telluride Bluegrass Festival this year. I can only make it to Saturday and Sunday and I am very aware of the fact that smarter people than I start planning this a year in advance so I’m wondering what my chances of making it are…

I live in the US Virgin Islands so I’m thinking of renting camping gear from Denver (where I’ll be for a master’s program) and somehow finding a place to camp. Any and all advice for a total newbie who is stoked to even have the chance to be near some of this goodness is appreciated!!

I could also help work out a trade if any of y’all are wanting a vacation to a sunny island, with a sweet spot to stay and a car to use.

All love!!–maddy

Heya! Glad to hear you’re coming!

As for planning, you need to figure out your accommodations first.

Lawson Hill still has camping available and single day tickets are also available. Or Town Park/Warner tickets are starting to shake out now so keep your eyes out for those (they include festival entrance). If it’s just you and you’re comfortable with a small amount of gear, you’ll be able to wiggle in somewhere. If you end up going the Town Park route, lemme know and we can try to save a nook for you!

Once you decide where you’re going to stay, search this forum for much more info on the campgrounds and tips/tricks. Other than that, just show up and have a great time!!!

This is gonna be my first year so don’t have any festival advice but if you want to do gear rentals in Denver check out REI and Feral!